To check whether their catalogs came through the mail or not!
I was pretty shocked: I don't get phone calls from GC or Sam Ash asking me the same thing.
I'm surprised they also asked what my interests were and asked for any suggestions or gear-related questions I had.

Has anyone else here have this kind of experience with instrument retailers? And if anybody has shopped there (Sweetwater), what are your experiences with them?

And no, I'm not an employee myself and I was not paid to do this.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Yeah, they do this. I've only ordered a set of strings from them and they gave me a call to ask how they were and some other stupid stuff.

But they are more business orientated there, they don't have cheap prices on guitars, and they really don't want to budge either.
the customer service at sweetwater is top notch from my experience with them. as you said, they call you and make sure you are happy with whatever they sold you, or sometimes they call you just to check in. they are more targeted at people with a larger budget, or people playing music for a living. or at least thats what i get from their website/catalog. they seem to have high end stuff and a lot of recording gear and live gear. if they had a bit more of a selection of guitars that i was interested in, i think i would do most of my shopping there instead of MF or GC. sales people who know what they are talking about is worth a few extra bucks on the item to me.
I love sweetwater. Great selection of Parkers and Jacksons, but no esp's!!!!
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
Yeah, I was surprised when they called me too. But I love how they actually care about there customers.
Quote by Union Jake
just straight up normal male group jerking session, it was like i was on my own aprt from getting kinda bumped into and the weird noises.
Wait what?

Quote by bodyheatseeker

You earned your name, pal.
Quote by jof1029
the customer service at sweetwater is top notch from my experience with them. as you said, they call you and make sure you are happy with whatever they sold you, or sometimes they call you just to check in. they are more targeted at people with a larger budget, or people playing music for a living. or at least thats what i get from their website/catalog. they seem to have high end stuff and a lot of recording gear and live gear. if they had a bit more of a selection of guitars that i was interested in, i think i would do most of my shopping there instead of MF or GC. sales people who know what they are talking about is worth a few extra bucks on the item to me.

After looking closer at the website, I was a bit disappointed by the lack of 7-string guitars and string sets they have available for sale. But it's really a niche market, so I shouldn't have had such high expectations.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Oct 5, 2009,
I was also disappointed after checking out Sweetwater.

What justifies the near $200 premium on a PRS SE Custom 22 over buying it at MF or Guitar Center? Customer service? Yeaaah, sorry, no. That should be free.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Quote by Mitochondria9
I was also disappointed after checking out Sweetwater.

What justifies the near $200 premium on a PRS SE Custom 22 over buying it at MF or Guitar Center? Customer service? Yeaaah, sorry, no. That should be free.

Plus you can get one for 20% off at MF, and you usually can't get anything off from Sweetwater.
Sweetwater has quite literally the best customer service ever in the history of music sites.

They pay their employees a lot and give a lot of benefits, plus gear at cost, hence the price difference.
Quote by T!AN
Yeah Sweetwater is great. I've ordered one (cheap) thing from them and I think I've gotten at least three separate phone calls . One to verify my order, one a couple months later to make sure I was happy with my purchase, another where a new sales representative introduced himself because the previous guy had decided to go back to school, plus others.

Unless their prices are outrageously more than somewhere else, they definitely get my business. One of the few places where it feels like you're dealing with human beings.

This be true.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Oct 5, 2009,
Yeah Sweetwater is great. I've ordered one (cheap) thing from them and I think I've gotten at least three separate phone calls . One to verify my order, one a couple months later to make sure I was happy with my purchase, another where a new sales representative introduced himself because the previous guy had decided to go back to school, plus others.

Unless their prices are outrageously more than somewhere else, they definitely get my business. One of the few places where it feels like you're dealing with human beings.
do you really think they care more than other companies?
come on now
it is basically an excuse to telemarket
i have bought a decent amount of stuff from them----
they are running a business, and calling you increases their business
just tellin it like it is
^yeah, no. Have you ever even bought something from Sweetwater?
They call to make sure the product is liked and there are no problems. The customer service is outstanding, and the people know exactly what they're doing-helping a customer, not selling them something more.

They promote themselves by merit, not telemarketing.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Music Center Canada In Camrose always treats me well... I live one hour away and they always great me by my name and ask me how the gear I bought from them is doing and they are just awsome people. The atmosphere of the store is pretty chill too you can pretty much, or I have at least gained the status of being allowed to setup anything and just start playing.

I just know everytime I go into that store I'm always calm and play guitar well, in other stores I get a little nervous and some time play sloppier...

However I did win a shred contest there once... maybe thats why they treat me well...lol
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Sweetwaters selection isnt as good sometimes but their service is very good. And the free shipping is nice even if its only 30$ worth of strings, MF you gotta spend 100$. Their prices are higher sometimes but knowledgeable staff costs money. Places like MF its about volume they really dont care if your happy with your purchase.
My dad's company reps for Sweetwater, they've never been anything but professional and awesome to deal with.
i love sweetwater. they're the only company to actually call me after i got my order to see if i was happy and if there was anything else they could do. thats internet service! i was pretty sad when i got a phone call saying that my sweetwater sales rep had been replaced (i don't know if he was fired or moved on to another gig, but either way he was pretty cool).

they will actually sit on the phone with you for a little while and discuss what you're looking for guitar or amp -wise. it's a pretty good site they've got going.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Musicians Friend and Guitar Center have amazing sales and deals. But nothing compares to the service at Sweetwater. I ordered 2 Dirty Fingers from them. 10 minutes after I placed my order. They called me to make sure that I wanted those pickups since they assumed I was putting one in my neck (I was and it sounds awesome). Then they called to ask if I was happy with them. I've ordered expensive guitars from Musicians Friend and American Musical but I did not receive any service even when ordering by phone. They just take orders at many other sites and even retail stores. Sweetwater reps seem to be knowledgeable and are willing to hear your needs and help you find something good, even if it's less expensive than what you're willing to spend.
i would rather have this attention than the usual crap i have had from some music stores. i have in mind the time i bought a gibson LP studio, when i returned it with some minor defects they didn't want to know. it took several trips to the store and a lot of hassle to get these fixed under warranty.

all Sweetwater are doing is their job, they are there to sell and you can't blame them for trying hard.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix