not quite as descriptive as i was hoping lol anything more technical then "cool"? lol
i'll check it out as soon as I get home just dont have software at college =)
I'm gonna be honest and say right off i didn't really enjoy this piece very much. It's a bit confusing to follow, the melody doesn't seem to be going anywhere, and the harmonies are annoying. I did like bars 22-26, its a real cocky riff :P But the rest didn't work for me, nice try tho..

Check out my song if you wish.
I wouldn't call it prog. It had some cool riffs, but the first 5 bars were pain to listen to.

Not much in leads, 53 didn't fit very well. The solo wasn't very good.

To be quite frank, i would just scrap it and use some of the riffs.

C4C:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21901121#post21901121
I with the above poster. It is quite confusing and seems too random at times. The intro seems really out-of-place, and the accentuated guitar outro somehow annoys me.

That being said, I think the main riff from bar six and to bar seven is awesome
ya i know lol i had to call it something and i didnt know the exact genre so i just put it as that
...very weird opening. You're really going to have to make sure that dissonance sounds good, because there it just seems like you changed tuning and forgot to transpose it.

As for the first riffing part, I really liked that guitar line. The breakdown not so much. For such an unusual song, hearing a fairly generic breakdown was kind of a letdown, though the end of it where it went into the more lead-based part sounded good. The rest of it was similarly impressive, though it kind of felt like you were running out of ideas.

You have some really good ideas here, I'd love to hear this song when there's more of it.
There was some dissonance here and there. Dissonance = rhytm and lead don't fit the same key. try to use a scale for the whole song, like A-minor, A-major, B-ninor, ...anything.
Quote by Alloflifedecays
...very weird opening. You're really going to have to make sure that dissonance sounds good, because there it just seems like you changed tuning and forgot to transpose it.

As for the first riffing part, I really liked that guitar line. The breakdown not so much. For such an unusual song, hearing a fairly generic breakdown was kind of a letdown, though the end of it where it went into the more lead-based part sounded good. The rest of it was similarly impressive, though it kind of felt like you were running out of ideas.

You have some really good ideas here, I'd love to hear this song when there's more of it.

The opening is gone lol and by breakdown you mean the open e chugging right? If thats what you mean then i can see about spicing it up. The song so far is at 4 minutes and is not gonna take too much longer to finish.