hey guys,

Im looking to record a nylon guitar and vocals using a mic through my pc and i already have an audio interface/soundcard but its a toneport gx which only has the input for a guitar jack. It does, however, have all the pre-amp models for microphones. if i connect my mic through the jack to record will it really matter that its mono? or that its unbalanced? the other option is getting a mixing desk and a stereo usb audio interface (like the ones they use to convert records to cd) which raises another question: i have a hi-def soundcard in my pc can i use that to record via a mixing desk? will either of these result in a good quality sound or am i going to have to pay $350+ for a new soundcard on top of my new condenser mic? some help/clarification would be much appreciated.