I recently picked up a project strat, and I can't exactly figure out what I have. The guitar had a Fender Custom Shop neckplate with serial, however I am am aware these can be purchased on ebay very cheaply. There are no stamps or barcodes in the body at all. There is what appears to be a 3 or a W written in the body with what appears to be a paint marker.

Here is a link to several pictures.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rockstarpenguin81/ProjectStrat02?feat=directlink

The guitar did come with what appears to be a vintage style custom shop neck that someone has butchered. I have sent the neck off to a friends shop to be repaired.

Anyone have any idea what this is?
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE
Fender Am Tele, Am Strat, 70 RI Strat, Esquire Scorpion
LTD: SC-607B

Amp
Avid 11R
yeah. Its a sweet freggin strat. Maybe a self build? I mean the neck and stuff could have been bought. And those pickups are lookin pretty unstock
Which one are we talking about? The tortoise shell pickguard, or the white pearloid pickguard one?

This is just in my head right now... Most of the custom shop Fenders that I've seen have very cool designs on them, and are everything but basic. Every single guitar that Is on this Fender Custom Shop calender beside me is pretty exquisite.
..I was watching my death.
The white pickgaurd has a duncan parallel axis stack and a dimarzio super distiortion. Not stock for sure. The red pickgaurd has what appear to be stock fender pickups. The only stamp on them is the number 016730, which i believe denotes a standard set of pickups.

The top on this has a very nice flame, which leads be to believe this is something somewhat special. Its a beautiful guitar and I look forward to get everything rebuilt.

The guitar came with the Charvel neck, but that has been sent off to a friend in hopes he can sell it for me. Its an 80's Japaneses Charvel by Jackson neck from the CJ series I believe.

I just can't seem to find any pictures of a stock guitar with this finish.
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE
Fender Am Tele, Am Strat, 70 RI Strat, Esquire Scorpion
LTD: SC-607B

Amp
Avid 11R