Quote by Lorax1337
Can anyone give me advice on a good 7 string guitar to play metal on, and wat kind of pickups and everything else. i want a good sound like the band unearth has. i see this 7 string ibanez a lot http://api.ning.com/files/PPMVUjxc9EL-XopOZN8JvgFBY*Sw6tcEasMgHGasNvVgov8ZrgPLv3-5c-02QHVLXHrxwR1fiaTESRbvnmst-dGOA9uKeI6J/Armitage_Ibanez_RG7_620_7_String.jpg

Both Buz and Ken play custom Ibanez S7s with EMGs (I believe)

If you want an Ibanez S, theres the 7320 and if you want an RG, theres the 7321.

Amps make a large part of the tone, too, however Im not sure what amps they use.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
yes im going to get the ibanez. wats the difference between those two i couldnt tell. also wat is the cheapest ibanez 7 string guitar i can get with a floyd rose and a whammy and the locks on the string so it doesnt go out of tune.
Quote by Lorax1337
yes im going to get the ibanez. wats the difference between those two i couldnt tell. also wat is the cheapest ibanez 7 string guitar i can get with a floyd rose and a whammy and the locks on the string so it doesnt go out of tune.

That would be the S7320.
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
The S320 is the best choice for you. It has a five-way switch which will give you various tones to choose from, and the ZR bridge is probably the best floating bridge available. I would personally go for the RG7321 because I don't like floating bridges and I prefer having 24 frets. If you can find a used RG7620 then you should get that one since it comes stock with Dimarzio Blaze pickups.
Quote by Amer91
The S320 is the best choice for you. It has a five-way switch which will give you various tones to choose from, and the ZR bridge is probably the best floating bridge available. I would personally go for the RG7321 because I don't like floating bridges and I prefer having 24 frets. If you can find a used RG7620 then you should get that one since it comes stock with Dimarzio Blaze pickups.

The S7320, you mean.
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
any model that ends in 0 has a trem, models that end in 1 are hardtails. You can get outrages deals on Rg7321 used. Usually $200 and down.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Just so you know, you can play most Unearth songs with a 6-string. Just put it in B-standard. You're only missing 5 high notes. You can easily play most 7-string metal songs on a 6-string. That's just something you should keep in mind since there's not a huge selection of 7-strings and a lot of bands who use them don't use their only advantage which is using the low B and high E at the same time or in succession.