http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Digidesign-Pro-Tools-Mbox-Mini-Package?sku=702525

Studio package includes a Digidesign Mbox 2 Mini, Alesis M1Active 320 USB Studio Monitor Pair, MXL 990 condenser microphone with shockmount, 20' microphone cable, tripod microphone stand, and 3m RCA-1/4" dual patch cable.

---

I was wondering if this would be worth the purchase.

I'm pretty new to recording, and even newer to recording as part of a band.

My band would like to get a better setup for recording, other than audacity and a basic PC mic on a headset with tape on it.

Our budget is around 400 right now, this looked pretty good. Comes with a copy of protools, condenser mic, some monitors, and even the sound interface necessary for proper recording. (I would assume, at least.)

Would I be able to purchase this now and stay satisfied for a while, or would this just be an insignificance?
Heck yeah! I use a very similar setup myself, and it's great. You can really do a lot with it. Awesome beginner kit at a great price. Also, ask the store you buy it from about a student discount. I saved like $50 with my college ID (I think high school works too).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
For recording a band the MBox2 Mini is not the right interface, it doesn't have enough inputs (just one phantom powered mic input) to record drums for instance. It's a good setup for the solo "recordist" (like me) who does everything one track at a time and don't mind programming drums though.
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
^ That's true to an extent. If you get a powered mixer, you can run a bunch of mics into the mixer then use the stereo outs from the mixer to the interface. It won't split everything up into separate tracks, but it'll be great quality if you know how to work a mixer properly.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
^ That's true to an extent. If you get a powered mixer, you can run a bunch of mics into the mixer then use the stereo outs from the mixer to the interface. It won't split everything up into separate tracks, but it'll be great quality if you know how to work a mixer properly.

Only if you have enough outboard compressors, EQ's, reverb units and whatever else you might want for each channel.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)