So I changed my strings yesterday on my Fender Strat, and now the bridge is up off of the body, and the strings keep getting out of tune. I thought it was just the strings stretching but I think it's the bridge. Any Ideas on how to fix it?
Lower the action? Tension? Inontation?

I've never had that problem so I really can't give an honest answer. Post some pics, and I might be able to help, I can't really picture it in my mind.
RIP Terje (Valfar) Bakken
Quote by acidhendrix
Lower the action? Tension? Inontation?

I've never had that problem so I really can't give an honest answer. Post some pics, and I might be able to help, I can't really picture it in my mind.

Umm, how would I post a picture on here? I feel dumb.
Bend the strings a lot, bending them in different places, about two minutes per string, retuning after each bend. They should change less in tuning after that. If not, and you think it's the bridge being lifted off the body that's causing it: there's usually either two or six screws holding the bridge to the body, and they form a fulcrum with the tremolo. To get the bridge more parallel to the body, simply screw them more into the body, but keep in mind that you may have to set up your guitar differently accordingly.

Edit: To post a picture, just go to imageshack.us and upload the image, then get the direct link and paste it between (Invalid img).
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Last edited by asfastasdark at Oct 5, 2009,
or add a spring in the back cavity.

so, tighten the screws or add a spring in the back cavity.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'll post pics tmmr because I don't have access to a camera right now
It sounds like you went up a gauge. Did you go up a gauge? Or go to a higher tuning.)

Just do like jj said and either add a spring, or just tighten the screws in the back to even out the tension.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
It sounds like you went up a gauge. Did you go up a gauge? Or go to a higher tuning.)

Just do like jj said and either add a spring, or just tighten the screws in the back to even out the tension.
How much should I tighten them?
you dont want to over tighten those screws.

if the bridge is lifted way up in the air then it's best to add a spring.

if it's slightly raised then tighten the screws until it's balanced.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011