Suggestions for a suitable cab to use with the Line 6 Vetta HD?

I would prefer a 2x12, but I don't know if that is possible. It requires 80W per stereo channel minimum. I think the matching vetta 212 cab is supposed to be used with the combo only, but I'm not sure.
Also, the 4x12 that Line 6 has available aren't specifically for the vetta, and the speakers aren't the same as those used in the combo & extension cab. From what I understand, the combo's speakers are pretty neutral (Custom Celestion Speakers), while the other ones color the tone relatively strongly (Celestion V30s), so they probably wouldn't be the most ideal for a modeling amp. Besides, a 412 is really unnecessary at this point, both volumewise and weightwise .
Basically, something that is neutral sounding and compatible with the amp.
So if you know of any cabs that would work it'd be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Last edited by TheKillerILoved at Oct 6, 2009,
What's your budget?

For a lower budget, I'd get a 212 Avatar Traditional Custom cab loaded with G12K100s, it should be about $400.
That looks interesting, is it a pretty neutral tone? What would be the closest to the sound of the combo speakers?
And yes, budget is around $400 but used is fine too if it's available
Last edited by TheKillerILoved at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by TheKillerILoved
That looks interesting, is it a pretty neutral tone? What would be the closest to the sound of the combo speakers?
And yes, budget is around $400

Yeah, those speakers are awesome. I like them better then V30s way more.
Quote by TheKillerILoved
And yes, budget is around $400

Can't speak to G12K100s but those would probably fit your power requirements better.

Cool thing about Avatar as you pic the tolex color, cab type, speakers, etc.

Call Dave at Avatar or any of those guys and tell them what you are looking for and they will help you figure out what works best.

BTW I have a G12H30 and a Classic Lead 80 in mine. Closed back.
Yes, I saw the customization choices, and will probably get that cab if I don't find anything else. The only thing I'm worried about is that the Vetta is up to 150Watts per channel, so if I cranked it, there would be a chance of damage, right?
I think those G12K100s that thrasher were talking about are 100 watts each. My Classic Lead 80 is 80 watts.

Most Vintage 30s are 60 watts (go figure) - point being don't always go by the number in the model - ASK.

Call them up
I'm pretty sure the Vetta is compatible with other types of 2x12's. I ran one through a vintage carvin 2x12 w/ UK Celestions. It sounded pretty legit to me.
what about vader? I swear i read somewhere the speakers are moddelers and are designed to sound good with anything. could be way off on that though...i dont know a whole lot about speakers and cabs.

Taken from the FAQ Section on www.vadercabinets.com

Will these cabs sound good for other types of music other than metal?
Yes. I know of 2 blues players off hand that use these cabs and love 'em!! The 12 inch speakers we use are similar to a modeling speaker, so they are meant to sound good with many differant types of eq settings including clean tones. Again clarity is key...

so i guess they are similar, not "are". either way i think that would be a good cab to match it.