Hey guys. Im going to have about $900 to spend on a half stack soon. Im going to be playing stuff like August Burns Red, Killswitch Engage, and Bullet For My Valentine. I have a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser and a Damien 6. Im willing to go used, and would prefer it actually. So what would you guys recommend? Any help is appreciated because I dont know a lot about amps, especially higher end stuff.
Im asking more for amps to look out for that would get me that kind of tone. I havent played many amps so idk what to look for.
uhm i would say anything by mesa or peavey shuold fit your genres pretty well
but it is best to try them out if you havent really played them much so that you know if you will like it or not
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
for that price u wont get a mesa so i guess the best u will find is like a 6505+
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
buy my bugera 6262. its a copy of the 5150+.

its about $600+ brand new
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
thanks. I was thinking about the Bugera but Ive heard they had a lot of reliabilty issues. Are the newer ones having as many problems?
Can anyone suggest a good cab for the Bugera? Is the matching cab good enough or could I do better?
They have had reliability issues. 'Search' on Bugera and read for yourself. I'm having a hard time recommending them. Cab wise, it depends on your budget but Avatar, Vadar, and Mesa cabs are good.

What about some of this stuff off craigslist?

I think I'd rather have one of these, especially that Rectoverb.

Oct 5 - Peavey 5150 2x12 combo - $500 - (nashville, will deliver)

Oct 5 - MESA BOOGIE Rect-o-verb guitar amp combo - $500 -

Sep 28 - Madison Divinity II Tube Head - $700 - (Unicoi) pic

Oct 5 - Kustom '36 Coupe Amplifier - $500 - (Marion, Arkansas) pic

Oct 3 - Marshall Amp Triple Super Lead 100 Excellent Condition!! - $650 - (Brighton - 30 min from Mem) pic

Oct 1 - Line 6 Vetta 2x12 100watt Combo Amp W/FBV Foot Controller - $650 - (Memphis) pic
^That Rectoverb plus the nice boost he could afford with the left over money sounds like win.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
at that price you're not really looking at the "high end" stuff, but there's always the 6505+ which is AMAZING. or a used Peavey Classic 50.
dont get the bugera

marhsall jcm
some sort of mesa
Gear
Fender MIM strat
Epiphone G-400 in white (yeah i know, fuck you i like it)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff
Danelectro Cool Cat Distortion
EHX Nano Small Stone
Boss DD-3 Delay
Vox V847-A Wah
Radial London Bones
I know it's not really high end but it's nicer than anything Ive used lol. The Marshall looks nice. Ill look into the Mesa too. The only problem is I have to wait for my upright bass to sell before I can think about actually think about getting anything.
Last edited by minchew at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
at that price you're not really looking at the "high end" stuff, but there's always the 6505+ which is AMAZING. or a used Peavey Classic 50.

Definitely not