Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
this will just cause arguements since everyone has a different opinion on what 'rock' is and will also have their own favourites. It's also not really music theory (which is what mt is normally) so should probably get closed
*report*
Quote by doive
this will just cause arguements since everyone has a different opinion on what 'rock' is and will also have their own favourites. It's also not really music theory (which is what mt is normally) so should probably get closed
*report*

Steve Vai is awesome for this kind of thing.
YYZ
or hope
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Maiden has a couple fun instrumentals on their first two albums (Transylvania & Ides of March).
Before The Beginning - John Frusciante. Not necessarily my favorite but it is a great one.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

I have to agree with ;STEVE VAI; ..thats agood question had me thinking there
Scarified By Racer X that The song i Warm up with ****en love it
moby dick
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Always with me, Always with you.
Blitzkrieg by Yngwie is always a good beginner one too!
Quote by :-D
I go to college with mattrsg1; for what it's worth he is the best guitarist I have heard in person, and in particular stands out from others in my age group. You will not be disappointed, honestly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJpCZpysf94
Dream Theater's got some pretty good ones. Stream of Consciousness is probably my favourite instrumental ever.
Discuss.... I'll close it if gets stupid.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Every single song on Silence Followed by a Deafening Roar by Paul Gilbert.

I'm really starting to hate all the youtube instrumentalists. I think this is what sets PG and Satch and Vai apart from those REALLY good, technical youtube players:

They write SONGS with lead guitar.

The youtubers (well, 99% of them) who write instrumentals basically sound like they're soloing over backing tracks. Which makes them generic and boring - it's almost as if you can predict what the song will sound like from the title.

The drums are always basic, there are hardly any bass lines and there is just one guitar. You hear this coming from the bedroom of any wannabe-shredder with a CD player and magazine subscription.
Quote by Ikonoklast

I'm really starting to hate all the youtube instrumentalists. I think this is what sets PG and Satch and Vai apart from those REALLY good, technical youtube players:

The youtubers (well, 99% of them) who write instrumentals basically sound like they're soloing over backing tracks. Which makes them generic and boring - it's almost as if you can predict what the song will sound like from the title.

The drums are always basic, there are hardly any bass lines and there is just one guitar. You hear this coming from the bedroom of any wannabe-shredder with a CD player and magazine subscription.

Dude I love Paul Gilbert I belive he is the greatest guitarist of all time he can play anything. I love that In fact I'm Learning Silence Followed by a deafening roar just cause its so badass
Quote by Ikonoklast

I agree to some extent.

You know what a pan in the ass it is to program all the other instruments yourself.

Unless you can play guitar, bass and drums and can record them, it is not really fair to judge on that.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
I agree to some extent.

You know what a pan in the ass it is to program all the other instruments yourself.

Unless you can play guitar, bass and drums and can record them, it is not really fair to judge on that.

And i agree to you with some extent but i suppose my view is if the overall musical picture is going to become stagnant because you lack something, you should either get someone to help or put it off until you can do it yourself... because then you can run the risk of being a guitarist and not a complete musician.

It's kinda like Opeth. They make good tunes in my opinion, but Steven Wilson actually brought most of the ideas to the table for Blackwater Park, Deliverance and Damnation that enabled the songs on those albums to be unique.

I just feel like some of the YT songs wouldn't sound any different without the backing tracks. In which case it'd be a guitar exhibition, not a piece of music.

I'm all for music, and if you can get it to the world from your bedroom that's awesome. Just from a listeners standpoint i get really bored with hearing the same stuff over and over.
Last edited by Ikonoklast at Oct 7, 2009,
Quote by Ikonoklast

It's kinda like Opeth. They make good tunes in my opinion, but Steven Wilson actually brought most of the ideas to the table for Blackwater Park, Deliverance and Damnation that enabled the songs on those albums to be unique.

what are you on about? steven wrote a very limited amount of material for those cds and sang some harmonies on bwp and thats about it. other than that he only came up with some typical production ideas such as the ending for bleak and various vocal effects.
Quote by bolivardogman
what are you on about? steven wrote a very limited amount of material for those cds and sang some harmonies on bwp and thats about it. other than that he only came up with some typical production ideas such as the ending for bleak and various vocal effects.

Why attack my post?

I suggest you re-read it, and then you'll realise you're contradicting yourself.

Hint: i talked about Wilson making it unique.

came up with some typical production ideas such as the ending for bleak and various vocal effects.
Last edited by Ikonoklast at Oct 7, 2009,
Quote by Ikonoklast
And i agree to you with some extent but i suppose my view is if the overall musical picture is going to become stagnant because you lack something, you should either get someone to help or put it off until you can do it yourself... because then you can run the risk of being a guitarist and not a complete musician.

I just feel like some of the YT songs wouldn't sound any different without the backing tracks. In which case it'd be a guitar exhibition, not a piece of music.

I'm all for music, and if you can get it to the world from your bedroom that's awesome. Just from a listeners standpoint i get really bored with hearing the same stuff over and over.

This is getting rather funny

I agree with this post as well to an extent, I Was just sort of pseudo-justifying it.

Personally, it's the reason why I myself don't have any original songs up yet.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
This is getting rather funny

I agree with this post as well to an extent, I Was just sort of pseudo-justifying it.

Personally, it's the reason why I myself don't have any original songs up yet.

Hahahaha me also. Infact, one of the reasons is that i have no recording equipment or even a camera that can record. But, being a perfectionist i couldn't bare my musical soul until I was happy with it. Looking at youtube though, lots and lots of people can.
do you know who you are
I am a nice guy amd i like The Adicts and cupycakes!