I am probably going to get one of these used. I want to use it to recording direct to my computer. I'm gunna be running it THROUGH a Peavey PV6 USB mixing board.

Is this recommended? Is their another way to do it?
Guitar: Ibanez RG321MH with EMG 85/60
Amp: Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo
Musical styles: Progressive rock, thrash metal, post-hardcore.
Sounds fine to me, though for that money I'd much rather have software-based modelling if you're only going to be using it for recording. Revalver, Amplitube etc are much more flexible than the POD since you can alter the tone as much as you one once it's recorded.

If you record with a POD, disable the onboard speaker simulation and use impulse responses in your recording software - gives you higher quality, a bigger choice of cabs and more fine-tuning of your sound. What software are you using out of interest?
I am probably going to be using Reaper, or break my balls and give into Pro Tools hefty price tag...
Also, my friend is giving me a copy of "guitar rig 2"
I have a podxt and I just run it with the AB usb cord straight from the unit to my computer and use Adobe Audition, Reaper, or audacity as the recording interface.
Quote by MetalHead916
I have a podxt and I just run it with the AB usb cord straight from the unit to my computer and use Adobe Audition, Reaper, or audacity as the recording interface.

i do the same, except i use mixcraft. pods have great recording capabilities. i have clips in my profile if you guys are interested. everything is 100% podxtlive
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Interesting!

Well the reason I got the POD 2.0 over any other of the POD products is because it was personally recommended to me by one of my favourite guitar players ever! Arjen Anthony Lucassen (Ayreon). He said he preferred the tones and everything over the newer POD's and the other series.

I've never heard of Audition, but I'll look at it next time I go to the music store in town. Definitely worth getting an external mixing program on top of Reaper.

Thanks for all the feedback people~! I'll be acquiring my POD on the weekend and I'll have sound clips up...sometime this month. Lol. As more of a hobbyist guitarist I can't wait to get recording.
PS: do you guys think running it direct to computer (I have a Macbook Pro 15.4" ,2.53 Ghz computer) or through the mixer would be better? :/

I wonder! My mixer is really nice, kills all the excess sounds and hums of anything running through it...
Dude, I still haven't recorded much off my podxt which is bugging the hell out of me, but been busy lately.

And Jason, simple way is too test both ways. Tone is subjective and you know what you want to hear.

Try to the mixer than to the computer and check quality. Then try direct to computer and check quality. From there you should be able to make an educated decision.

From my experience, the pod directly to the computer is ridiculously clean. I was surprised.

And audition is Adobe Audition. Just another recording/mixing/mastering program with a bit of a learning curve.

Good luck. One of these days I'll get some clips made and upload 'em with my POD. Just waiting on getting the other two model packs for it.