Firstly: Does income tax apply to part-time jobs for 16-year-olds?
Secondly: I know that employers can pay much less than minimum wage for the first three months or so to people under 18... does that often happen in something like a supermarket?
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Depends on your country and such I think.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Yeah, everyone pays income tax, I think. I did when I was 16.

No, they usually agree on an hourly wage for you... but didn't the minimum wage just go up?
1) Yes, income tax applies to you no matter what your age bracket, or if you work part-time or full-time. Unless of course its under the table work.
2) Employers can not pay you below minimum wage, its against the law. It's called minimum wage for a reason. If they try to pay you less then minimum, report them.

/thread.
It sucks also if the establishment is unionized, more money taken from your crap pay for a part time job.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
1. Yes
2. I dont think so. Im pretty sure minimum wage is the minimum they can pay you. However some places have a probationary period where you dont get your full salary.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by Fenderhippie69
1. Yes
2. I dont think so. Im pretty sure minimum wage is the minimum they can pay you. However some places have a probationary period where you dont get your full salary.

Yeah, the probationary period is what I was referring to.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster