http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=169&P_ID=13191&PT_ID=61
I want to get a bass just for fun. Guitar will still be my main instrument and i don't want a really expensive bass and i thought this one would be cool. Is this a good bass for the money, or should i spend a bit more, I will be playing punk and metal on it, probably a bit more punk, is this a good bass for that? If not give me reccomendations 400$ at the very most. very most that is. Thanks.
Yea that one will be ok if bass ain't ur main, I'm the same way and since it's not my main I don't really care about the tone too much... however the action will be pretty high and ur Gina wana set it up....
Dean makes some pretty crap basses. especially the ones that look "wild" in any way. I'd look into ibanez/squier/yamaha/peavey or even ESP if you want a cool shape in any way.

My first bass was a dean and I don't absolutely hate it. the tone was big and ballsy but the feel is absolutely horrible. Extremely high action even after it was set up by a local luthier that always does a great job. build quality was just crap. I'm going to take it in and have him do real work on the bass to make it better. Refret and probably re-plane the fretboard. shim the neck. all the good stuffs.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by Revelation
Dean makes some pretty crap basses. especially the ones that look "wild" in any way. I'd look into ibanez/squier/yamaha/peavey or even ESP if you want a cool shape in any way.

i say stick to the guitar. if you really want to play bass, this is good advice.
Quote by Levi79
No, I want something that isn't totally normal looking.

The basses you find that aren't "normal looking" at that price range are usually pretty bad. You'd be much better off looking at the basses recommended in the FAQ, I would particularly recommend an Ibanez GSR200, or a Traben Array 4
+1 to the Traben. a little on the edgy side, big tone, and priced well. Remember to look on ebay or craigslist for good used stuff.

Otherwise, stay away from Dean basses and always wear a condom.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5