There's more just wait.
293 73%
We're done for now.
78 20%
I have no opinion.
29 7%
Voters: 400.
Page 1 of 6
Do you believe that the human race is at its peak? Does anyone else think we're done evolving and that things won't change for at least another 1000 years? If there's anything undiscovered in this world, do you think it will be discovered by our generation or the next? Is there a possibility of a next step for evolution or growth without science?
I actually think we're about to fall into chaos unless we get our **** together.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
Wtfisthis****!?!??
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
I think we could evolve more, but no noticeable changes for a long, long time.

People are already much taller on average now than they were 300 years ago.
We never evolved, we were never fish or monkeys or anything, we have ben the way we are forever, so were not going to evolve any more, i do believe are technology will only get better, one day we will have a watch were you press a button and think of were you want to go and your atoms will break down and travel at light speed and get there
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
I think we'll grow more, but it will be influenced by science no matter how you look at it. If and when we continue to evolve, some part of our modern technology will have had some sort of influence over it, if not being the entire cause.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I actually think we're about to fall into chaos unless we get our **** together.

and this
Quote by vulcan422
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Quote by vulcan422
We never evolved, we were never fish or monkeys or anything, we have ben the way we are forever, so were not going to evolve any more, i do believe are technology will only get better, one day we will have a watch were you press a button and think of were you want to go and your atoms will break down and travel at light speed and get there

some people actually did a study on this

unless old people start reproducing more there will be no more evolutions
I think that once the majority of the population no longer believes in a god, humanity will take a huge jump in intellectual evolution. I know I just sound like a stereotypical angry heathen, but I truly believe that a lack of belief in god is an evolutionary accomplishment.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Last edited by Spartan070sarge at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Technology is increasing exponentially, so we should advance a lot fairly rapidly.

Quite the opposite. The theory of evolution is what most people know as "survival of the fittest", or basically, whoever suits the environment will survive to breed, and those who don't will die and become extinct. I think humans have evolved to what we needed to, and now we're changing the environment to suit us and not the other way around. Unless something major happens, we won't change much at all.
evolution occurs when a need arises, we can help ourselves now (technology, medicine etc) so besides taller or smarter, its not like we need to gain wings or gills
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I think that once the majority of the population no longer believes in a god, that humanity will take a huge jump in intellectual evolution. I know I just sound like a stereotypical angry heathen, but I truly believe that a lack of belief in god is an evolutionary accomplishment.

I wanted to say this but I thought Id cause too much of a sh!tstorm.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I wanted to say this but I thought Id cause too much of a sh!tstorm.

I actually take pleasure in causing sh!tstorms. You can piggyback on my idea if you want :P

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Holy Katana

when adam and eve came to earth they weren't monkeys, they were humans, straight spines and human skulls and everything

i forgot to say that a long time ago we did live a lot longer, before the flood happens people lived for a couple 100 years
Quote by vulcan422
Quote by red157

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Quote by vulcan422
when adam and eve came to earth they weren't monkeys, they were humans, straight spines and human skulls and everything

i forgot to say that a long time ago we did live a lot longer, before the flood happens people lived for a couple 100 years

My first lolstack ever, awarded to you, sir.

Quote by John Frusciante
Quote by neidnarb11890
This.

People of low physical and/or intellectual abilities aren't getting eaten by wild animals or anything these days.

No, it's a shame.

They have all migrated to YouTube comment boards.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by fretsonfire74
Quite the opposite. The theory of evolution is what most people know as "survival of the fittest", or basically, whoever suits the environment will survive to breed, and those who don't will die and become extinct. I think humans have evolved to what we needed to, and now we're changing the environment to suit us and not the other way around. Unless something major happens, we won't change much at all.

until our technology reaches the point where the world ends up in a situation similar to terminator and everybody's fighting for their lives.

/refute
the game
Quote by vulcan422
Except our spines are very much curved and the creation story in Genesis is retarded and blatantly wrong.

No, prior to the mythical flood that you believe with no supporting evidence (no, the bible doesn't count) people lived a considerably shorter period of time than they do today.

Edit: and if you want to continue this conversation take it to the creationism vs evolution thread
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by vulcan422

Actual Christian beliefs.

Not even sh*tting around.
Quote by neidnarb11890
This.

People of low physical and/or intellectual abilities aren't getting eaten by wild animals or anything these days.

Exactly. The human race has eliminated Darwin's theory of Evolution for itself. It now only really applies to other species.

EDIT:
Quote by neidnarb11890
I disagree, because religious views come from nurture, not nature.

You're correct. I agree with the guy, but I think it's a societal advancement as opposed to a genetic one.
Last edited by fretsonfire74 at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I think that once the majority of the population no longer believes in a god, that humanity will take a huge jump in intellectual evolution. I know I just sound like a stereotypical angry heathen, but I truly believe that a lack of belief in god is an evolutionary accomplishment.

actually prehuman species may have evolved to form the conception of god or gods. the idea of a god is very complex considering the fact that pre homosapiens did have an idea of god or religion. on a sociological standpoint, humans developed a part of the brain that deals with the belief of superstitions and whatnot. not that that suggests there is in fact no god, but your reasoning unfair to those who are intellectual and believe in god. but in any sense, the don't blame the idea or conception of god for intellectual decline. 1, there are other more significant factors and 2, pseudo intellectual concepts that people stand for are just as bad as their own views about religion.
Quote by piratemetalhead
Actual Christian beliefs.

Not even sh*tting around.

If there was no God, there would be no Atheists.
If Christianity was false, there would be no Cults
Quote by vulcan422
Quote by red157

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Quote by vulcan422

You should meet my dad. I think you two might become good friends.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I disagree, because religious views come from nurture, not nature.

While they are fueled by nurture, there is evidence that the human brain is naturally hardwired to believe in god. I believe Christopher Hitchens discussed this in God is Not Great.

Quote by John Frusciante
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I think that once the majority of the population no longer believes in a god, humanity will take a huge jump in intellectual evolution. I know I just sound like a stereotypical angry heathen, but I truly believe that a lack of belief in god is an evolutionary accomplishment.

Bravo. I second this. It will not only be an accomplishment in human evolution (perhaps cultural evolution...religion definitely isn't genetic), but an achievement for humankind. Unfortunately, as it stands, religion still has the potential to destroy the world I think. It can and it will, essentially, unless it is phased out. The coincidence of nuclear weapons in violent, rapist theocracies like Iran cannot be ignored as a distinct possibility.

So, granted religion doesn't destroy civilization, evolution in humans will not (has not) stopped entirely; it probably never will. As long as there are external influences guiding whose genes get passed on, evolution will continue.

Oh, and the whole creationist thing needs to stop now. Especially in the United States. It can only be a bad thing for our cultural and technological development if children are told at every turn to "believe God, not the scientists."

Fvck religion.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Quote by qwaj
actually prehuman species may have evolved to form the conception of god or gods. the idea of a god is very complex considering the fact that pre homosapiens did have an idea of god or religion. on a sociological standpoint, humans developed a part of the brain that deals with the belief of superstitions and whatnot. not that that suggests there is in fact no god, but your reasoning unfair to those who are intellectual and believe in god. but in any sense, the don't blame the idea or conception of god for intellectual decline. 1, there are other more significant factors and 2, pseudo intellectual concepts that people stand for are just as bad as their own views about religion.

I think that raw intellectual power and the tendency to believe superstition are related, but not completely linked. As I said, I believe it is an evolutionary trait, so I honestly think that on a genetic level, that some people simply can't control whether or not they believe in god. I don't consider theistic intellectuals less intelligent, just less evolved.

Quote by John Frusciante
Quote by vulcan422

that makes no sense at all. Theirs plenty other religions besides Christianity, and their were many more before Judaism (the root of christianity), and the majority before than were polytheistic.
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Last edited by selibucaz at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by vulcan422

I would say "of course"

If it weren't for the fact that said statement didn't make any *expletive* sense at all
Quote by vulcan422

And if there were no aliens, there wouldn't be anyone doubting their existence.

If there was no Easter bunny, I couldn't tell you he wasn't real.

If there were no unicorns...
Has anyone found a cure for cancer? No. Has anyone discovered life on other planets? No.

TS, you are moot.
Quote by KwikKopy

if i wasnt right, i couldnt tell you my opinions.

it only works for me, tho. dont get any ideas.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by captaincrunk
You guys should join the skeptical society. (Not vulcan3864982 or whatever the rest of his name is)

Ooh, I just signed up!

Quote by John Frusciante
Quote by vulcan422

Wrong on both counts. Atheist is basically the "rest state" of religion to put it scientifically. It's what there is before religion is taught.

And of course there would be cults. A cult is defined as followers of an unorthodox, extremist, or false religion or sect who often live outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader. People form cults for money, power and personal gain and don't have a religious motivation.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I think that raw intellectual power and the tendency to believe superstition are related, but not completely linked. As I said, I believe it is an evolutionary trait, so I honestly think that on a genetic level, that some people simply can't control whether or not they believe in god. I don't consider theistic intellectuals less intelligent, just less evolved.

what i am saying is that people evolved to have this portion in our brains to believe in superstitions. the real question is why? when according to natural selection and the theory of evolution suggest that we evolve towards advancement. this is why i personally see that your argument is flawed.
Quote by KwikKopy

T.T ...... dude you rock lol
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Presently, the current above this one is titled "Man wakes up to find a penis tattooed to his leg."

I'd say that's a goddamn pinnacle of our advancement. If you think about it, we've come a long way to have the technology to imprint permanent artwork onto skin. The human race is pretty goddamn advanced and I can't see any way to go but up.