Poll: Spicy foods yay or nay?
Poll Options
View poll results: Spicy foods yay or nay?
Hell yea, keep it coming!
27 79%
Nope, I can't stand teh hotness.
1 3%
Rarly, I don't mind it every now and then
6 18%
Voters: 34.
Ok pit, I know I love spicy foods! One of my favorite condiments is Sriracha sauce:

I eat jalapenos on pretty much everything from burgers to salad. What are some of the pits favorite spicy foods?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Sweet and sour soup is awesome, despite it's name suggesting it's not actually spicy it is .
Tom Yum Goong(Spelling?!) is awesome as well!
Can't go wrong with a good old curry and rice

Edit: A bowl of Pho with bulk Sriracha sauce is the greatest ****ing thing on the planet. GIVE ME NEOW!
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
Last edited by AstheticsOfHate at Oct 6, 2009,
Holy shit I'm eating pizza right now with that exact sauce

This stuff, = Win:

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Curry is easily the nicest food ever. I can even eat vegetable curry and enjoy it when i can never usually enjoy vegetarian food.

Also anything tastes better with chilli in it.
i love spicy food, but it's just as spicy coming out the other end which isn't as fun
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
i love spicy food, but it's just as spicy coming out the other end which isn't as fun

Good lord i know.

I went to this little cafe and orderd an omlette with jalapenos. The had sooooo many fresh jalapenos in there that when I did finally drop the cosby kids off at the pool, I felt like my arsehole was being blowtorched.

But the omlette was so good.
^^

Honestly i very rarely ever get the old ring of fire from hot food. I do sometimes how ever get a horrid stomach ache, that generally leads to the extinction of life in my toilet bowl.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!
Quote by whitenihilist

when I did finally drop the cosby kids off at the pool, I felt like my arsehole was being blowtorched.

But the omlette was so good.

between the truth of the statement and my delusion from lack of sleep, i loled hard...

edit: ^my stomach has never gotten upset from spices, though when i'm eating something really spicy i do get a warm feeling in my stomach
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by AstheticsOfHate
Tom Yum Goong(Spelling?!) is awesome as well!
Can't go wrong with a good old curry and rice

Kung

and yes, curry and rice is the best!

I actually went KFC in Thailand, and they have this Thai curry flavored breading, and ..I want the recipe. I will make my own. It's the best fried chicken i've ever eaten.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
Quote by justinb904

between the truth of the statement and my delusion from lack of sleep, i loled hard...

edit: ^my stomach has never gotten upset from spices, though when i'm eating something really spicy i do get a warm feeling in my stomach

I like the warm feeling in my tummy. It feels good man.
I dont understand how you guys can eat spicy foods, it just sets my tongue and mouth on fire and then I cant taste anything else because my mouth is on fire. Which leads to the stomach ache and then the trip to the bathroom...
This is a really nice recipe for hot and sour soup! It looks long and hard, but it's actually very easy

Step 1:
You will need

* 2 cm ginger, chopped
* 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
* Half an onion, sliced
* 2 Thai chillies (or any other type), sliced
* 2 lemon grass stalks, chopped
* 1 tsp turmeric
* 1 tbsp brown sugar
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* 60 ml fish sauce
* 1 ltr chicken stock
* 60 ml rice wine vinegar
* 4 kaffir lime leaves
* a few basil leaves
* 1 tbsp of lime juice
* 1 chicken breast, cut into cubes
* 6 large shrimps peeled
* 4 tbsp of shredded cabbage
* a few coriander sprigs for garnish
* 2 saucepans
* 1 sieve
* 1 wooden spoon
* 1 ladle

Step 2:
Cook the vegetables
Warm the pan on a medium heat and add the oil. Let the oil heat up and add the onions. Slowly cook them for about 1 or 2 minutes and add the garlic and ginger. Stir and gently cook for a few minutes.
Step 3:
Add the liquid ingredients and spices
Add the chicken stock, lemongrass, lime leaves, basil, chillies, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, fish sauce and finally the turmeric. Stir, bring to a simmer and cook for 15- 20 minutes.
Step 4:
Strain the soup
After about 15-20 minutes, strain the soup into the other pan with the aid of the sieve. Press out the remaining liquids with a spoon, give the sieve a shake and then discard its contents. Bring the soup to a slow simmer.
Step 5:
Cook the chicken and shrimps
When the soup has reached a simmer, add the chicken and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Next, add the shrimps, cook for a few minutes more and remove from the heat.
Step 6:Serve
Just before serving, add the lime juice to the soup and stir. In a serving bowl put the shredded cabbage and ladle the soup over the top. Garnish it with a few sprigs of coriander and serve! This recipe can be varied greatly. For example, the shrimps can be replaced with beef or pork. Experiment and enjoy.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!
Quote by Plarx
How about we make a UG Recipe Thread? Shall i start one?haha

That is a pretty cool idea actually. Do you want to do it? If not I am.
You bastards, now i have to move my post!

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!
Sriracha is pretty weak, but good on eggs and roast chicken and the like. I absolutely hate jalepenos, never got used to the taste. Habaneros on the other hand... now we're talkin'!

Any type of Indian curry is king. Pakistani and Portugese cuisines also have some amazing spicy food, not to mention East Asian stuff like Thai and Vietnamese foods (especially the soup, yum!).

Habanero salsa, preferably homemade with loads of garlic and cilantro, is also amazing.

Can never get it spicy enough though, especially in the US, though I guess much of Europe isn't so great either, and possibly even worse. No matter how spicy I ask for, it almost always comes out wimpy. In the Middle East or East Asia, on the other hand, I have to be more reserved much of the time or I'll have tears and snot flowing out of me like none other!

Capsaicin is an amazing drug. I wholeheartedly recommend getting addicted to it.
I just had the 'Blazin' wings at Buffalo Wild Wings. Not the hottest thing I've ever had by far, but I was sweating by the end
I'll never get em again though, they just don't taste good like their other hot wings.

Oh, and I eat jalapenos on pretty much everything too
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
This guy at the farmer's market in my town was selling ghost chilles last weekend.
The scoville thing reminded me. I guess the highest I've gone is the Habenero too.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Last edited by wiliscool at Oct 6, 2009,
I had a ghost chilli in hawaii once... Honestly it was more like an acidic burn then any sort of flavor or heat. I suffer geograph tongue though so that could be why. But seriously ghost chili's do not **** around >.>

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!