Alright, My guitar has two double coil pups and a single coil in between them both,
So the question is, what pickup would go well in between the blackouts?

Or will the blackouts even fit in my guitar?
Meh.
Help
Quote by ShallowEndings
When did they start doing those?

i remember seeing a video @ www.Premierguitar.com bout 9 months ago about them. but like S>D always do, they let the public know and it takes a long long time for the product to be released...
Keep Rocking
alf...
i have just been looking up stuff about pickups recently and the Blackouts seem to get the best reviews.

Would I not be able to do say.. EMG 81/85s and then an SD Blackout single in teh middle?
would that workk?

Sorry if i sound lik ean utter noob, i am when it comes to pickups.
Quote by Chasing Shadows
i have just been looking up stuff about pickups recently and the Blackouts seem to get the best reviews.

Would I not be able to do say.. EMG 81/85s and then an SD Blackout single in teh middle?
would that workk?

Sorry if i sound lik ean utter noob, i am when it comes to pickups.

dude. there is no reason not to mix and match pickups... if you want to then go for it.. some people are really against doing it for some reason, but we don't just play fender guitars through fender amps....

i have a set of AB-1's and iv never looked back, at the end of the day its your guitar...
Keep Rocking
alf...
It's just like..
I'm all FOR putting new pickupss in, especially the SDs, It's just the centre pup, not sure what i could put it in there to sound sweet..
Quote by Chasing Shadows
Alright, My guitar has two double coil pups and a single coil in between them both,
So the question is, what pickup would go well in between the blackouts?

Or will the blackouts even fit in my guitar?
Meh.
Help

Do you insist on Blackouts? Because you have a 5-way switch and you want be able to use tap the humbuckers in the second and 4 position, so you'd be loosing 2 single-coil tones. Why not get high-output passive humbuckers instead? The installation would be easier since there's no battery to take into consideration.
Quote by Chasing Shadows
It's just like..
I'm all FOR putting new pickupss in, especially the SDs, It's just the centre pup, not sure what i could put it in there to sound sweet..

the blackouts are hot dude.. but the question is??? how to you want the single coil wired.. 5-way & 3 way switch, superswitch for wild and weird switching options, all on at once, blend???? just remember that you cant split the coils of the blackouts.

the best and easiest wiring option would be prob's like a strat

1-bridge
2-bridge & middle
3-middle
4-middle & neck
5-neck

if i had the pickup arrangement like you do id be in the same boat as you in finding the right pickup to match...

if you want the blackout humbuckers then why not try an EMG in the middle if you cant locate a blackout single coil...

do you use your middle pickup much? is it an absolute must? reason i say this is because it seem as though your heart is set on getting active humbuckers and replacing the middle single coil is more for a visual appeal.
Keep Rocking
alf...
Quote by Amer91
Do you insist on Blackouts? Because you have a 5-way switch and you want be able to use tap the humbuckers in the second and 4 position, so you'd be loosing 2 single-coil tones. Why not get high-output passive humbuckers instead? The installation would be easier since there's no battery to take into consideration.

He can get a single coil active be it either a blackout (I believe SD released a single version of the blackout this last year) or a EMG single and still have full use of his switch, or he can fill the void with bondo sand smooth repaint the guitar.
Quote by DimeLvR
He can get a single coil active be it either a blackout (I believe SD released a single version of the blackout this last year) or a EMG single and still have full use of his switch, or he can fill the void with bondo sand smooth repaint the guitar.

In the Ibanez guitars that have HSH configuration and a five-way switch, the 2nd and 4th position activate the middle pickup and either the bridge or neck pickup coil-tapped. If you had an active pickup, you won't be able to coil-tap the pickups so you'll be using the middle pickup with a humbucker...the only active pickups that can be coil-tapped are the EMG81tw and the 89, the 89R, and the 707tw for 7-string guitars.