Hi UG'ers.
I was going to Guitar Center Yesterday because i needed some picks (heartless b!+ches which always get lost in the worst moment). Then i went to try some guitars, and saw this beauty on the used section, it was $499USD, it had some little things, like it didn't had the thing that covers the pup selector, the strap screw hole was striped, some minor things there and there, but nothing a good set-up can't fix.
So i said, ok, i need a new guitar, this is a cool guitar, i have the money, bring it on! honey (because the one who was helping me, was actually a girl, and she lol'd )
No pic = no guitar.

I fixed the screw hole with a toothpick (don't know how long it will last), now i just need to take it for a good, set-up, new strings, and it will be awesome.
What do you guys think
"oh sh*t i gotta do vibrato"
-Marty Friedman

Best quote ever.
Last edited by rauLstradlinN at Oct 6, 2009,
Thank you all .
Just a question, does the toothpick trick for the hole, last a lot? or i'll be changing toothpicks for the rest of my life?
Did the toothpick had to be glued in the hole or something because i just cutted it the way it needed to fit, then screwed the screw back in and it was tight!.
-Marty Friedman

Best quote ever.
i really want one of these
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Oh man I have no idea how long that will work for.
Quote by SquierLolz
Guitar cables!
Now with 50% less cancer!
That looks sweet. HNGD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Awesome man! HNGD!
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Sweet guitar man. I might be buying one of its seven string brothers here in two weeks.
Nice Deal.

And the toothpick won't last forever but it will last a while, you can squirt some wood glue in there to make it a little mor permanent.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Looks nice, and about the tooth pick story.
Just dump alot of toothpicks in it, alot of glue. Then the screw.
Wait 24 hours untill its dry, and then putt your strap on.
Besides I used some white **** wich is like .... uhm .... to glue wood and metal and **** xD.

We got one here in our guitar center, but it has no tremelo, or emg. I think xD.
damn thats nice, love the finish, hngd
Pain is weakness leaving your body.
man, my schecter hasn't looked that good in ages.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by rauLstradlinN
Thank you all .
Just a question, does the toothpick trick for the hole, last a lot? or i'll be changing toothpicks for the rest of my life?
Did the toothpick had to be glued in the hole or something because i just cutted it the way it needed to fit, then screwed the screw back in and it was tight!.

i had to do something similar to one of mine. the screw stripped out so i just put a piece of wood similar to a toothpick in there. except i glued it in place and let it dry.

i don't think you have anything to worry about.

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
Ok thanks everyone =D im so happy with my guitar.
And thanks for the responses about the toothpick guys, i feel more confident with it now,

Just a question, because im new to floyd rose's, is it to risky to try and set it up myself or should i let a pro do it while i learn about it, what string gauge should i use if i will play on E?
Thanks.
-Marty Friedman

Best quote ever.
Quote by rauLstradlinN
Ok thanks everyone =D im so happy with my guitar.
And thanks for the responses about the toothpick guys, i feel more confident with it now,

Just a question, because im new to floyd rose's, is it to risky to try and set it up myself or should i let a pro do it while i learn about it, what string gauge should i use if i will play on E?
Thanks.

HNGD! That's gorgeous!

How are the trems on those? Are they LFR or OFR?

I would get your first setup done professionally, but ask to sit in on it. They may charge more, but you will learn. Otherwise, if you have a friend who knows how to set up a Floyd, ask him/her to help you.

Regarding the string guages, use whatever it's set up with right now, as long as the action and bridge balancing are good. With E Standard, you can use pretty much any sort of guage except really heavy stuff. It's only when you begin tuning way down, that you NEED to use thicker strings.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Hngd!
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Looks awesome, have fun with it, HNGD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Quote by ibz_bucket
HNGD! That's gorgeous!

How are the trems on those? Are they LFR or OFR?

I would get your first setup done professionally, but ask to sit in on it. They may charge more, but you will learn. Otherwise, if you have a friend who knows how to set up a Floyd, ask him/her to help you.

Regarding the string guages, use whatever it's set up with right now, as long as the action and bridge balancing are good. With E Standard, you can use pretty much any sort of guage except really heavy stuff. It's only when you begin tuning way down, that you NEED to use thicker strings.

Yeah, it's just that the strings it has now, when tunned to E, are not so easy to bend as when it was on D.
-Marty Friedman

Best quote ever.
Quote by rauLstradlinN
Yeah, it's just that the strings it has now, when tunned to E, are not so easy to bend as when it was on D.

If that's the case, you may want to switch to a lighter gauge.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Awesome! I have the exact same guitar in that same color. I love it!

One very cool tone I found was to put the pick-up selector in the middle, then turn the bridge pick-up colume to about half and the bridge wide open.

Have fun!

Sweeet! looks real nice HNGD
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808