Been looking at SD Blackouts, but my Ibanez RG1570 has 3 slots for pickups,
What would be the best H/S/H combo for what i play?

I want to get a tone that sounds a lot like Trivium / Machine Head, (Inc. The tone of their solos, not just the main thrash riffs)

Thankss,
Hey,

Bear in mind that tone is a lot about the amp more than the pickups...best thing to do is look at what pickups they use (or even the guitars they use) and buy those pickups...regarding the single coil, if you're doing thrash/metal, you wont be using it too much so dont worry (just try to get a noiseless one) I recommend a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails as they're the heaviest and noise cancelling. Hope this helps.
Fenix by Young Chang 1989 Stratocaster <3
neck - dimarzio air norton/liquifire
middle - dimarzio area 67
bridge - dimarzio d-sonic/ crunchlab

edit: ur from the uk, check out bareknuckles, swineshead, wolfetone, bulldog pickups
if u r on a low budget, check out irongear pickups too
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Last edited by holycow at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by Munky Shaffer
Hey,

Bear in mind that tone is a lot about the amp more than the pickups...best thing to do is look at what pickups they use (or even the guitars they use) and buy those pickups...regarding the single coil, if you're doing thrash/metal, you wont be using it too much so dont worry (just try to get a noiseless one) I recommend a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails as they're the heaviest and noise cancelling. Hope this helps.

Good idea, buut i also think you'd might want to consider keeping the single coil a true single coil (the hotrail is a mini humbucker) because you'd already be putting in 2 high output humbuckers in to achieve the tone you're looking for. If you keep a normal single coil in there you will have a HUGE amount of versatility (softer sound, less output) and a whole new dimension you could add to your sound.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006