recently my satchurator pedal sounds like it's breaking down. I don't know how to explain clearly... the sound still goes through the pedal, but the volume come out from it become very soft (clean channel is louder when the pedal is off), yet it makes more noise and become alot more "dirty" sounding.

has anyone encounter similar problem like this with a distortion pedal before or know what's wrong? please help

thanks
Quote by howZz
recently my satchurator pedal sounds like it's breaking down. I don't know how to explain clearly... the sound still goes through the pedal, but the volume come out from it become very soft (clean channel is louder when the pedal is off), yet it makes more noise and become alot more "dirty" sounding.

has anyone encounter similar problem like this with a distortion pedal before or know what's wrong? please help

thanks

The connectors could be dirty... or loose (improperly soldered).
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
battery?
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by rocknroll93
battery?

I run my pedals in a daisy chain and all the other pedals are doing fine, so I think power isn't the problem. thanks
everything has been working fine with the same setting for months, until the most recent gig it just happened after I set it up and do my sound check.

if it's the connector, is it expensive to fix? anyone else met this problem before?

thanks
Quote by howZz
everything has been working fine with the same setting for months, until the most recent gig it just happened after I set it up and do my sound check.

That's not the point, you have to work methodically and cancel out different possibilities to figure out what's wrong with it. Try it with a battery, and then with a different adaptor.

If it still doesn't work you then know for certain it's not a power issue. The fact it worked fine for months means nothing.
Quote by kyle62
That's not the point, you have to work methodically and cancel out different possibilities to figure out what's wrong with it. Try it with a battery, and then with a different adaptor.

If it still doesn't work you then know for certain it's not a power issue. The fact it worked fine for months means nothing.

which I already did.. swap battery, adaptor, testing each port of the daisy chain etc. that's why I said it's not likely to be a power issue. Sorry for didn't clarify that
Quote by howZz
which I already did.. swap battery, adaptor, testing each port of the daisy chain etc. that's why I said it's not likely to be a power issue. Sorry for didn't clarify that

No worries. Have you popped open the box and checked for loose wires, burned components etc? It sounds like it could possibly be one of the drive chips failing. If you're under warranty, take it back.

Hope you get it fixed.