BYOC is doing a sale this month. They say it's buy 3 get 1 free but it's really 25% off your order total if you order 4 pedal kits. I'm getting the new reverb pedal, digital delay, octive fuzz, and 5 knob compressor and will post the pedals in this thread when they get here and when I have time to work on them.

So anybody else gonna take advantage of this BYOC sale?

If you have a BYOC pedal already then please show us how it sounds for those of us thinking about getting in on this deal.
Not taking any online orders.
whats BYOC?
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
BYOC is Build your own clone. Here is their site http://www.buildyourownclone.com/ They are a well known company and I have absolutely nothing to do with them. I've never personally used their products but thought that with a 25% off sale and the great reviews that they get from guys like gearmanndude I'd give them a shot. I just thought people would like to take advantage of their sale. Plus I'm going to be showing my pedal builds here so it's certainly not just spam.
I don't have enough money at the moment, but I have their tonebener clone and love it. Really simple build, directions were step-by-step, and sounds good too.
Quote by AusMetal33
hmm this sounds like cleverly concealed spam...

well if you hadn't joined last month and a bit you'd realise that cord is a highly respected ug member as well as a professional luthier and pickup maker. Not exactly likely to be a spammer i don't think really.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
I have an old tudescreamer clone by them which is fantastic and an ESV 2 knob tonebender clone which i modded to allow more bass frequencies through which is great except i can't really put the attack know any higher than 9 oclock or it farts out and gates the sound uncontrollably
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by pak1351
I don't have enough money at the moment, but I have their tonebener clone and love it. Really simple build, directions were step-by-step, and sounds good too.

Quote by skater dan0
I have an old tudescreamer clone by them which is fantastic and an ESV 2 knob tonebender clone which i modded to allow more bass frequencies through which is great except i can't really put the attack know any higher than 9 oclock or it farts out and gates the sound uncontrollably

I almost got the tonebender instead of the octive overdrive but opted to save a few pennies. Don't suppose you guys have any pics or soundclips of your pedals, do you?
I'm trying to do clips on my laptop. Not best quality but it'll give an idea, here are some webcam pics. First time building/wiring/soldering, it's not neat, but it took about two hours to build and troubleshoot. Still need to finish the enclosure.

Thanks for the heads up,

is there any where I can read reviews of their stuff? Or is all of it good?

Do these work out cheaper than branded pedals? Are they easy to f**k up? (sorry pedal n00b)

Cheers

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Last edited by Absent Mind at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by Absent Mind
Thanks for the heads up,

is there any where I can read reviews of their stuff? Or is all of it good?

Do these work out cheaper than branded pedals? Are they easy to f**k up? (sorry pedal n00b)

Cheers

All of their components are high quality. They have a forum on their site which I'm sure has some reviews on it

It works out roughly the same as buying boss pedals maybe a bit cheaper.

They are practically impossible to completely **** up. The instructions are written for people who've never seen the inside of a pedal before, they take you through it step by step with text and images. No confusing diagrams just step by step pictures of the PCB as it becomes more populated.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
i bought one of their circuit boards then bought all the components from small bear. i of course managed to completly muck the thing up. i forgot to buy sockets for my transistors, then burned one. then i melted the board when i tried to remove the transistors to put in the sockets i bought later. the pedal still works (yay wire jumpers!) and it sounds fine, but if you dont pay attention to what you are doing you can mess things up.

i did use their instructions when building the pedal, and they were really easy to follow. it would have been a great build if not for my stupidity, and i figure their quality is pretty good from my experience with the pcb.

so far the only way to get reviews that i know of is youtube vidoes (or i guess HC, though i havent looked there). im also thinking of taking advantage of this sale, but havent decided what i want yet. i really want to hear a clip of the reverb, because that is the one i am most interested in. other than that, i was thinking phaser, maybe the ratt clone, and maybe the flanger. i really havent decided if i need/fully want any of those though, which is why i am hesitating.
Quote by skater dan0

Your transistor(s) most likely Q3 is mid biased. That is what is causing the "farting"/flubbing out.
you know what, anyone in the us who is ordering some and maybe only want to get 3, let me know and I'll pay for an envelope filter and then whatever it costs to reship to me. I really can't pay for four of them right now. So if anyone's willing send me a pm
Yeah, I was thinking about that... I plan to build my entire setup (guitar, amp, and effects) so it would be really nice to get that while I can for cheaper, but it would suck shelling out $280 for those when my current guitar and amp are crap. At this point though, fretting tools > pedals.
Chain:
Fingers -> Schecter Damien FR -> Fulltone OCD -> ABY Box -> Bugera V22 / Peavey 6505+
Quote by pak1351
you know what, anyone in the us who is ordering some and maybe only want to get 3, let me know and I'll pay for an envelope filter and then whatever it costs to reship to me. I really can't pay for four of them right now. So if anyone's willing send me a pm

Where are you located?

I'm tempted to do this but don't need/want to pay for them all . . .
Hi!

Sig Retired.
I may do this, as I'm in dire need of an EQ and a good OD.
Thanks for the heads up Chris.
Quote by eddiehimself
well if you hadn't joined last month and a bit you'd realise that cord is a highly respected ug member as well as a professional luthier and pickup maker. Not exactly likely to be a spammer i don't think really.

I'm a pro at a lot of things but I'm a master of teh spamz XD

I was going to contact byoc and get some pedal kits from them... maybe I'll give it a whirl
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Hey Phil, if you feel like adding an extra one to the order, I'm sure crossborder shipping's not so bad.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by skater dan0

This happened to mine, and someone recommended switching the third transistor with one of the others. Fixed it right up. I didn't know why, but kurtlives' recommendation that it's mid-biased would make sense. Thank god they're socketed
If anyone buys that 5knob Compressor these guys are selling let me know what its like. Looks the shi_t but it could be just an expensive duffer.

Suppossed to be based on the Ross Gray Compressor.
NEW WAVE OF BRITSH HEAVY METAL!!!!
Last edited by Rabid Gerry at Oct 9, 2009,
^I'll let you know how mine turns out. Compressors are the only effect I use regularly and I've currently got 4 different comps on my pedalboard that I can compare it with so I should be able to put it through it's paces.
Quote by kurtlives91
Your transistor(s) most likely Q3 is mid biased. That is what is causing the "farting"/flubbing out.

All of my transistors are OC75 Germanium transistors. What do you recommend I change them to to fix the problem?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Quote by skater dan0
All of my transistors are OC75 Germanium transistors. What do you recommend I change them to to fix the problem?

Just try swapping the position of the last two transistors and see if that helps at all. It did wonders to mine
Ok Cord please do let me know what its like. I'm getting addicted to compressors myself. I like the sounds of this one cause its got many useful controles and of course I get to make it!! I think I read it has true bypass also. What other compressors you got?
NEW WAVE OF BRITSH HEAVY METAL!!!!
These things are more expensive to buy in Australia then buy the actual pedal. (pouty face)I just want pedals(pouty face)
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T