Okay first off all sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Okay, my question is there a way that i can like sort of change the key of a song and the chords change?

Story time:

At college we decided to do Bones and the singer found it a bit hard to sing low so we deiced to change the key one step higher now I have to re-learn the song again. So is there an easy way to change the song then change each chord indivdually?

Thanks.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
change the pitch, I think that should work. but other than that, I'm not sure, it's a button on the top right. give it a shot.
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose
Nope, you can't get it to change key. Guitar Pro doesn't recognise what key a song is in, it doesn't even recognise whole chords - it just sees chords as six different notes that happen to play at the same time. You can make a track sound higher/lower in GP by altering the instrument's tuning options (click the instrument in the track list at the bottom: change the tuning up or down or add a capo) but that won't make the tablature correct for the higher/lower key, it will just sound higher/lower if you need to practise with that.

Working out how to change the key of a song isn't too hard anyway. There are various guides around the internet that can show you how various keys relate to each other and how to ''convert'' between them.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
screw all of that, learn it the proper way and tune your guitars differently!!

you can change key on guitar pro by changing the tuning on the track (ie. if its a guitar track, tune all the strings 1/2 a step higher, and LET the program pdate the tracks. (it will sound the same but the chords will be different) to make it sound different with the new chords revers the tuning back to standard but dont let it convert the tracks.

that doenst really make sense, but it is possible. go with my first sentence!.
*Enter Sig Here*
Just chuck a capo on the fretboard 1 fret at a time until the singer finds it comfortable?

edit: Okay I know it has nothing to do with GP5 but you play the same chords but with a capo on.
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by Hale_91
screw all of that, learn it the proper way and tune your guitars differently!!

you can change key on guitar pro by changing the tuning on the track (ie. if its a guitar track, tune all the strings 1/2 a step higher, and LET the program pdate the tracks. (it will sound the same but the chords will be different) to make it sound different with the new chords revers the tuning back to standard but dont let it convert the tracks.

that doenst really make sense, but it is possible. go with my first sentence!.

The only problem with that being that if you choose to transpose the tracks GP takes out the low notes that you can't get any more which could potentially leave huge holes in the songs.

Also GP has no concept of what is possible so while it might come up with a version that sound right it may very well be physically impossilble to actually play.

TS: Throw a capo on the first fret and play it exactly the same. Problem solved.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by StiltonCheese
If it's one step higher why don't you just play 2 frets higher on the fretboard?

+1
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
The only problem with that being that if you choose to transpose the tracks GP takes out the low notes that you can't get any more which could potentially leave huge holes in the songs.

Also GP has no concept of what is possible so while it might come up with a version that sound right it may very well be physically impossilble to actually play.

TS: Throw a capo on the first fret and play it exactly the same. Problem solved.

correct, the notes change, but the chord shaping doesnt follow, THUS it moves the notes it can, into a random order that allows all the notes to fit. throwing out the chord shapes, it is possible to just sort the notes out into the chords again.

and to the move it all up 2 frets, that would move everything up a TONE not 1/2 a tone.
and it wont work if there open chords.. (DUHH!)

capo is the best option
*Enter Sig Here*