26 59%
Voters: 44.
Big Day Out 2010!

Mount Smart Stadium
Auckland
New Zealand
FRIDAY JANUARY 15th AUCKLAND MT SMART STADIUM
Maurice Rd Penrose. Gates open 11am
Tickets $132 +bf*. Strict limit of 4 tickets per customer. Available from Real Groovy, all Ticketmaster Outlets, phone and credit card bookings 0800 111 999 or www.ticketmaster.co.nz , and from our website www.bigdayout.com

Line Up:
Muse, Kasabian, Lily Allen, The Decemberists, Groove Armada, Rise Against, The Mars Volta, Peaches, Calvin Harris, Dizzee Rascal, Mastodon, Ladyhawke, Girl Talk, The Horrors, Powderfinger, Eskimo Joe, The Temper Trap, Karnivool, Kora, Minuit, Dimmer, The Checks, Gin Wigmore, James Duncan and PNC
This is gay, I want Soundwave..
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Soundwave is for all the homo emo bands. Go to BDO for decent music. I mean look, Muse... Mars Volta... The Horrors... Girl Talk.... Dizzee...The Checks.. and thats only the first announcement
Getting my ticket on Friday. ^___^

Looking forward to Muse, Mastodon, Rise Against, Tame Impala, Karnivool and Grinspoon. =D
Quote by akaPeach
Soundwave is for all the homo emo bands. Go to BDO for decent music. I mean look, Muse... Mars Volta... The Horrors... Girl Talk.... Dizzee...The Checks.. and thats only the first announcement

I'd only go to see Muse out of em all. And Faith No More is the only reason I'm goin to Soundwave. Better reason than all of BDO put together.

And dont talk like you wont see any homo emo kids in BDO, they're ****in everywhere.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
I'm going, when are tickets on sale?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I'm going, when are tickets on sale?

AUCKLAND:
On Sale 12am Friday 9th October
GOLD COAST:
On Sale 12am Thursday 8th October
SYDNEY:
On Sale 12am Wednesday 7th October
MELBOURNE:
ADELAIDE:
PERTH:
Quote by akaPeach
AUCKLAND:
GOLD COAST:
On Sale 12am Thursday 8th October
SYDNEY:
On Sale 12am Wednesday 7th October
MELBOURNE:
ADELAIDE:
PERTH:

Thanks

I'm only really going for Mastodon.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
One of the best lineups I've seen in a few years, definitely going.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
I might go if I get some moolah, and I would only really go for Muse.

also to check out other bands to see if I like any, only reason I would go to Soundwave too
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Thanks

I'm only really going for Mastodon.

I'm guessing you'll be at the Adelaide one?
The UG force will be strong by like....2 people that way.
Kudos to you, see you there! (not bloody likely)
Quote by tyler_j
I'm guessing you'll be at the Adelaide one?
The UG force will be strong by like....2 people that way.
Kudos to you, see you there! (not bloody likely)

We gotta support Adelaide man!

And you might I'll probably really drunk and wearing a t-shirt that says "Sex Drugs and Sausage Rolls" (it's my festival t-shirt) >.>

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
We gotta support Adelaide man!

And you might I'll probably really drunk and wearing a t-shirt that says "Sex Drugs and Sausage Rolls" (it's my festival t-shirt) >.>

Haha, I'll probably be the sunburnt douche with a bogan and a weasly lookin' 15 year old.
Mastodon should be pretty frickin' epic though.
Quote by tyler_j
Haha, I'll probably be the sunburnt douche with a bogan and a weasly lookin' 15 year old.
Mastodon should be pretty frickin' epic though.

I'll actively look out for you ^^, although that could be hard with a description like that at BDO

But yea, it totally should be. Can't wait to see them, hopefully they'll heaps off of CTS.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I'll actively look out for you ^^, although that could be hard with a description like that at BDO

But yea, it totally should be. Can't wait to see them, hopefully they'll heaps off of CTS.

Yeah, totally man, might as well do something to break the monotony of watching Eskimo Joe.
Not really keen.

Muse - already seen them, but perhaps worth going to see again.
Mars Volta - not really a big fan, but maybe see them.
Mastodon - huge fan, but not worth the ticket without atleast a few other great bands.
Karnivool - probably just see them on one of their next tours.

Rest of the line-up is below average at best. Although they've changed their strategy from one internationally huge headliner and a bunch of shit bands to a few internationally biggish headliners and a bunch of shit bands.

Quote by akaPeach

This year they had Lamb of God, Devildriver, In Flames, Unearth, 36 Crazyfists, Chimaira, Underearth and Dillinger Escape Plan. Are you saying all of them are homo emo bands?
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Last edited by dann_blood at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by akaPeach
Big Day Out 2010!

Mount Smart Stadium
Auckland
New Zealand
FRIDAY JANUARY 15th AUCKLAND MT SMART STADIUM
Maurice Rd Penrose. Gates open 11am
Tickets $132 +bf*. Strict limit of 4 tickets per customer. Available from Real Groovy, all Ticketmaster Outlets, phone and credit card bookings 0800 111 999 or www.ticketmaster.co.nz , and from our website www.bigdayout.com

Line Up:
Muse, Kasabian, Lily Allen, The Decemberists, Groove Armada, Rise Against, The Mars Volta, Peaches, Calvin Harris, Dizzee Rascal, Mastodon, Ladyhawke, Girl Talk, The Horrors, Powderfinger, Eskimo Joe, The Temper Trap, Karnivool, Kora, Minuit, Dimmer, The Checks, Gin Wigmore, James Duncan and PNC

What an awesome line up! Shame I'm on the wrong side of the planet
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
BDO News: Sydney tickets are SOLD OUT. So they are putting on a 2nd show. Tickets for that go on sale 12th October at midnight.

This is off the BDO website:

SYDNEY BIG DAY OUT SOLD OUT IN MINUTES!!!!

SECOND SYDNEY BIG DAY OUT ANNOUNCED

With the Friday Jan 22 Sydney BDO tickets snapped up in record time a second Sydney BDO will now be added.

It's only the second time in the festival's 18 year history that a second show has been staged in any city.

Fans can now attend the second festival, comprising of the same bill on Saturday January 23rd 2010.

It's with great pleasure and pride that the popularity of the event and the line-up has made it necessary to present a second BDO in Sydney.

Coincidentally it will be our 100th BIG DAY OUT.

January 25 1992 - January 23 2010.

We have always tried our best to present a show that defines our times and offers incredible talent and spectacle.

And with the overwhelming demand for tickets it appears the fans are supporting the festival more than ever.

We also need to thank the artists, managers and agents and of course our team that have 100% supported the staging of a second Sydney event.

Tickets for the 100th BDO will go on sale Monday morning.

It's looking like an amazing tour. We hope you can make it to your party.
Last edited by akaPeach at Oct 7, 2009,
Not that happy with the lineup but will still go, so make it 3 pit dwellers who will be attending the Adelaide BDO.
“Its not easy being a man you know. I had to get dressed today… and there are other pressures.”
-Dylan Moran
Jesus, sold out in minutes? I better be ready on Friday then. No doubt my internet will cut out ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Qotsa_love
Not that happy with the lineup but will still go, so make it 3 pit dwellers who will be attending the Adelaide BDO.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I'm getting my tickets for Melbourne, Thursday midnight. Can't be too sure how quick it'll sell, don't want to miss this at all.
thank god for the second show, I missed getting tickets for the first one. Hope to see anyone at the Syd show =]
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
Hopefully will be going to the second Sydney one, if I can get some friends to go... I don't wanna go as a loner.

I mainly want to see Muse, Rise Against, Mastodon and Karnivool. Wouldn't mind seeing what The Mars Volta, Grinspoon, Powderfinger and Kasabian are like live though.

You can still get tickets for the first one, some scalper bastards have put them on ebay for just under $300. Pricks.
Last edited by JohnnoEH at Oct 7, 2009,