so im upgrading my LTD M-350 and im starting with the floyd rose. Right now its just a lfr and although fine wen not in use, if i try some wacky steve vai style trem bashing it goes really far out of tune. Mind u the guitar is about 10 yrs old so the floyd is well worn out.

Soooooooo i want to do some crazy steve vai, buckethead, kerry king stuff on my guitar so what would be better quality and better suited too my needs, a Original Floyd Rose or Schaller Floyd Rose. There both the same price on warmoth so dont bother mentioning that.

I know Vai uses and Edge Pro but thats a different route, i think
Quote by Mr3000
so im upgrading my LTD M-350 and im starting with the floyd rose. Right now its just a lfr and although fine wen not in use, if i try some wacky steve vai style trem bashing it goes really far out of tune. Mind u the guitar is about 10 yrs old so the floyd is well worn out.

Soooooooo i want to do some crazy steve vai, buckethead, kerry king stuff on my guitar so what would be better quality and better suited too my needs, a Original Floyd Rose or Schaller Floyd Rose. There both the same price on warmoth so dont bother mentioning that.

I know Vai uses and Edge Pro but thats a different route, i think

well, Buckethead does it just like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F9RrLlJVWc&feature=related
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
omg ur not a very big bucketbot are u

he used in his early days with the Deli Creeps and first few albums, a heartfeild talon II with 2 pink DiMarzio X2N's. It had a floyd

then later on in his career including his GnR days he had a custom jackson 'coopwood' V which also had a floyd rose of some sort so
Both work the same. only difference between the two is overall feel.

Both trems are extremely similar in dimensions however there are a couple of small differences
the Schaller is 2mm wide on the tail end compared to the OFR. the schallers string lock screws are shorter and the schaller comes with a 43mm sustain block compared to the OFRs 37mm.

Overall the schaller has a little bit more mass and is shorter overall length wise due to the short string lock screws.

Your best option is to try and play a guitar with a schaller floyd and one with an OFR and see which you like the feel of better.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by Mr3000
omg ur not a very big bucketbot are u

he used in his early days with the Deli Creeps and first few albums, a heartfeild talon II with 2 pink DiMarzio X2N's. It had a floyd

then later on in his career including his GnR days he had a custom jackson 'coopwood' V which also had a floyd rose of some sort so

I know, I love buckethead. It was just too good of a chance to pass up, seeing as the last line he mentions that's how buckethead does it.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/