My windows is corrupted and wont boot up. Is there any program I can load up and retreive some files from my hard drive?
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.
remove hard drive and place in different laptop/desktop?
or is your hard drive screwed up?
If you had a bootable OS like Knoppix you could load up your computer from that. If you have a harddrive enclosure you could take your hard drive out an link it up to another computer.

Can you even load Windows in Safe-Mode? I am assuming you have a PC? not a Mac
If you have access to a different computer (which you apparently do), you could try to insert the hard disc into it, and access it from there. Another option would be some Linux distro run from a Live CD or USB stick, and copy it over to some other storage medium.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Quote by Osc1ll8r
If you had a bootable OS like Knoppix you could load up your computer from that. If you have a harddrive enclosure you could take your hard drive out an link it up to another computer.

Can you even load Windows in Safe-Mode? I am assuming you have a PC? not a Mac

No it wont even let me select if I want safe mode or not.....

Ok important info....I do not have a disk drive in said broken laptop. Its a ****ty netbook. Can I load an OS from a USB and retreive the file that way?
Quote by element4433

Quote by Seref
WindowsPE or BartPE, BartPE is better.
It sets up a virtual WIndows XP loaded directly from a CD, which gives you the possibility to retrieve your files and dump then on a spare or external disc of some sort.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Quote by METAL_MAN135
No it wont even let me select if I want safe mode or not.....

Ok important info....I do not have a disk drive in said broken laptop. Its a ****ty netbook. Can I load an OS from a USB and retreive the file that way?

I don't think you can setup your Netbook to boot from a USB.

Your best bet is to remove the hard drive and try and get the files off it by viewing it through another computer i.e. by putting the harddrive into a Disk Enclosure.
Quote by SinnaSatan
WindowsPE or BartPE, BartPE is better.
It sets up a virtual WIndows XP loaded directly from a CD, which gives you the possibility to retrieve your files and dump then on a spare or external disc of some sort.

Can it run off a USB?
Quote by element4433

Quote by Seref
Quote by METAL_MAN135
Can it run off a USB?

maybe...
check this out

or if that's no good...

windowspe on usb flash
Last edited by Osc1ll8r at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by METAL_MAN135
Can it run off a USB?

Yes. But wether or not it will boot depends solely on wether or not your bios allows it. If your bios if configurable to boot from the USB port, then, no problem!
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Quote by SinnaSatan
Yes. But wether or not it will boot depends solely on wether or not your bios allows it. If your bios if configurable to boot from the USB port, then, no problem!

Oh damn. It isnt. Is it possible to change this? Like upload a new BIOS? Because I flashed the BIOS a few months ago to update it but I dont know if it is possible to impliment a new BIOS which will allow me to boot from USB
Quote by element4433

Quote by Seref
Yes, you can, just get a bootable OS or recovery software and you will be able to access your files without actually logging to Windows.