I already posted this in the accessories forum but I realised it's probably the wrong place. If this is too then please move it So...

I'm currently in the process of selling my Yamaha DGX-505. The keys are way too light, I've out grown it I think.

Anyway, which would be the best option? I want one that is as realistic as possible and closest to a real piano as possible since moving from plastic keys to a real piano is terrible o_o

I have the choice of the DGX-630 which if I'm right is the 505 but with hammers?

The YDP140 which I think only has like 3 piano and 3 organ voices but would maybe be better quality? I dunno...

And the YDPS31. So does anyone have experience with any of these? If so help! :p Which would be best for the most realistic feel, that's all I want as I'll be using them for midi plugged into my laptop. But then again I think I will miss the sheer amount of sounds the DGX had as you could instantly experiement with certain styles so actually yeh, I'd like the keep the amount of sounds
too, but if losing them for an amazingly realistic feel is necessary then so be it.

I can speed up and down the 505 but moving to a piano it gets sloppy since I haven't built much, if any, strength. Stupid plastic keys ¬_¬

I just want to be able to move from it to a real piano and to be able to play at the same skill level.

Thanks!
why would this be in accessories?

OT i have no idea
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
My old Yamaha S-80 has wonderful weighted keys. The newer S-90 has the same keyboard but it's not cheap. What's your budget and what kind of sounds/music are you playing?
Yeh, I couldn't find a none-guitar kind of forum so posted there but then I remembered The Pit...

My budget is around £600, I'll be mostly playing classical but it'll be used as a Midi keyboard for VST's and recording.

Actually it NEEDS to be Midi too, I basically want the DGX 505 functionality but with weighted keys. I'm leaning toward the DGX-630 but if there's something similar but with a more realistic piano feel then I'd go for that.
This has heavy keys, along with others like it. It has several differnt sound options but to get a digital piano with a real piano feel your going to have to sacrifice a lot of different sounds. I would just keep the old one and if you ever want to experiment you have it.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
The YDP140 which I think only has like 3 piano and 3 organ voices but would maybe be better quality? I dunno...

that's the piano i own is nice as hell i took a look at the few pianos they had on stock and this was one was the best one. it might not have the variety of effects but even on my guitar i own a wah pedal and a digitech whammy and only a few songs require the use of those pedals, and are you seriously going to use the effects besides noodling around?

im trying to learn piano music so i almost never use the other effects

look at the YDPS31 it has cheap plastic pedals for the bottom while the ydp140 has some nice metal ones

if you could spend a little more get the ydp160 if not the ydp140 is awesome
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash