im a big fan of playing around with dissonance and coming up with some weird chords. this one is simple, but what would you call it? interval-wise its a tritone with a perfect fourth on top of it.

eg: C - Gb - B
I'd call it Fred.

..but seriously, it's "Cmaj7b5 (no3)" if C is the root.
Last edited by Ibbod0 at Oct 6, 2009,
C flat5 Maj7 but your missing the 3rd(E) so I guess you can't call it that. So lets go with Ibbod0 and call it Fred
Last edited by Zimwibwe at Oct 6, 2009,
Well, call it C Gb B...
Not everyone chord can be nominated in a way that we like, or find reasonable, in our song. I think... =D

There are some succession of notes that sounds good to us in some areas. That's enough. =]

Anyway, adding a LA it could be watched as a SI 9b, that is largely used in Blues/Jazz contests... but we should know what comes before and after. or.. maybe if the song exists.
Cmaj7b5 (no3)
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Lots of possibilities since you only have 3 notes. D13 is possible with F# instead of Gb, cause you have the most important notes: 3 7 13.
ID go with Bmsusb2. Most logical, but the notation means it can't be that, so im stumped. Or maybe Bmaddb9? It's one of those weird modal chords i think.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by Ace88 at Oct 6, 2009,
most likely a CmajAug (i would definitely call the gb a #11)
Originally Posted by jmac72187
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
...or maybe you could put a G in the bass and call it a Gmaj11.

G- root
B- major third
F#- major 7th
C- 11th

Other than that I think the best option is the CM7#11(no third), but you're going to have to use it in context (i.e. with a definite root note and key) to get a definite answer.

Untill then, the chord might as well be known as Fredrick Henry von Weissburg the third...

Music theory (chord names etc,) is only there to describe chords (in this example) and what those chords are doing. The name isn't what the chord is, the name is telling us what the chord is doing, and where it fits in context.
^What he said.

Also G♭ to B is an augmented third interval - NOT a perfect fourth.

What's the difference??
An augmented third above G♭= B
A Perfect Fourth above G♭ = C♭

What you have is diminished fifth and an augmented third - C G♭B
or
An augmented fourth with a perfect fourth - C F♯ B

Anyone know anything about quartal harmony? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quartal_and_quintal_harmony
Si