How fragile are computer parts i.e how resistant are computers them selfes to damadge form narrual wera and tear or bumps and what about there separate componentes like the motherboard, ie do i have to be careful not to nock it against anything while installing one or is it pretty durable...

So haw fragile are computer parts?
You are free to do what we tell you.
fairly

Just to give you an idea. When the hard drive spins there is a little needle that reads the data. a bit like a vinyl. this needle never actually touches the disk but the only thing that keeps it from touching is the layer of air created by the spinning disk.
1 bad jog and your hard drive will be ripped to shreds.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Last edited by GaijinFoot at Oct 6, 2009,
How fragile are computer parts i.e how resistant are computers them selfes to damadge form narrual wera and tear or bumps and what about there separate componentes like the motherboard, ie do i have to be careful not to nock it against anything while installing one or is it pretty durable...

So haw fragile are computer parts?

Are you drunk?

I don't know whether to report or not.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Last edited by King Twili at Oct 6, 2009,
If i put my EMP grenade next to your computer and detonate it. I think your computer would break. So yes, it is fragile.

But seriously. Try not to knock it. Or touch the components on the motherboard for that fact.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
They will always be better off not touching anything like the floor or ANYTHING when you put them in, just take them out the wrapping and install instantly. And they are surprisingly strong, i know because i foten kick my pc

STOP ****ING CRASHING WHEN I PLAY COD4 BTICH /rant
Depends

Desktop? Be careful. they're not designed to be portable and moved and jostled around. RAM chips, fairly resiliant to a LOT of crap. Static electricity is bad. Touch the case of teh computer before touching any boards or drives.

Laptops? a little more physical damage resistant because they're designed to be moved around and portable. Most have sensors that will actually lock the hard drive so if it detects that it's on an unstable surface or flying through the air, the hard drives won't damage themselves.
After tampering with computers for a long time, they are fairly tough. I mean. i've dropped parts on the floor before and they still worked. Don't be so scared.
If you are installing a new motherboard, you should touch the power supply with your hand to discharge static and then keep your hands on the very edge of the board, so you aren't touching components. One thing I found when building computers that is annoying, is if you are installing a processor and you don't use thermal paste and make a good connection between the cpu and the fan block, you can blow the processor like that!
So if you are putting something together, make sure you do your research.
They're fragile enough that you can't fill them up with C4 and blow them up. K?
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by King Twili
Are you drunk?

Nah leave him, he's from Spain, could just be a language barrier.
Quote by bodyheatseeker
That is simultaneously brilliant and obscene. I honestly don't know if I despise, or admire you.

Quote by Scutchington
If I had room, I would sig that entire post.

basschat.co.uk
They're quite fragile, really...

Clickable ^
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I have my computer in a vacuum. Safe as anything.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by King Twili
Are you drunk?

he's foreign dumbass.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by archangels666
Well, they aren't going to break when you bump them into something, but I wouldn't recommend punching them or anything.

Mines still working despite being on the receiving end of a few outbursts.
Quote by JackalUK
Mines still working despite being on the receiving end of a few outbursts.
Outbursts? You aren't German, are you?

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Dream Floyd
he's foreign dumbass.

I'm not foreign, i just live in Spain, i'm born and bred english, i from Windsor, UK. i used to live next to the Queen.
You are free to do what we tell you.
Quote by Finis
I'm not foreign, i just live in Spain, i'm born and bred english, i from Windsor, UK. i used to live next to the Queen.

Lilly Savage?
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Recommended threads
The Fives
Fivebretz
Last post:
by Fivebretz