Hey everybody!

Im looking for an upgrade from my Epiphone Dove, which i love, but i would do much better with a cutaway and overall just a better quality guitar

Budget is 5-700, but if theres any options around that (lower or higher) just tell me. I want a bright kind of sound, like a Parkwood (i would get one but they dont have cutaways at least in my budget).

I play alternative type of stuff and neo classical (Greg Howe Morning View) on acoustic, but its difficult without a cutaway.

Thanks!
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by John5rules125
Hey everybody!

Im looking for an upgrade from my Epiphone Dove, which i love, but i would do much better with a cutaway and overall just a better quality guitar

Budget is 5-700, but if theres any options around that (lower or higher) just tell me. I want a bright kind of sound, like a Parkwood (i would get one but they dont have cutaways at least in my budget).

I play alternative type of stuff and neo classical (Greg Howe Morning View) on acoustic, but its difficult without a cutaway.

Thanks!

I would recommend a Taylor, but it's hard to get a decent Taylor cutaway in that range. If you went up to about 1000 you could but that could be more than you want to pay.
Breedlove makes very nice cutaways, the basic atlas is a pretty solid $700 guitar but the tone might not be to your liking. It's a little on the bassy side, although it does still have shimmery highs if you get the right woods.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Actually, any Taylor is a good choice. There is a really good cutaway around 850. I can't recall the model offhand, but GC carries it. And surprisingly enough, any Seagull. I wouldn't have expected the quality that they have for their 3-400 dollar dollar guitars. It's insane.
Welcome To Chicago Motherfu|<er
I wouldn't suggest a Taylor under the 300 series, which you can't get for your budget unless you buy used. You're probably better off buying a Seagull.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Hmmm Seagull? Ill give them a looksie then.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
seagulls are a very good choice - in fact, i own one. but honestly the taylor 110ce and 114ce are definitely a big upgrade to your epi. they sound very good - great for laminate - and feel good, too. with the right strings, i think they'll be good for what you want. you might want to experiment with silk and steels. i've had better luck getting a semi classical sound out of a grand auditorium or grand concert sized guitar, btw, but most of the good ones aren't in your price range - especially not with cutaways.

taylor 114ce
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Taylor-114CE-Grand-Auditorium-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=514495

taylor 110ce (the dread version)
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Taylor-100-Series-110CE-Dreadnought-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=514494

here are some seagulls with cutaways - all laminate in your price range, but don't let that hold you back as they still really sing:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?N=100001+11&Ntk=All&Ntt=seagull+cutaway&Nty=1

i suggest that if you make it to a guitar store, you play some of the more expensive grand concerts (check out taylor - they have some awesome ones, the names always start with GC) and the other grand auditoriums. that way, you'll have a good frame of reference.
Quote by patticake
seagulls are a very good choice - in fact, i own one. but honestly the taylor 110ce and 114ce are definitely a big upgrade to your epi. they sound very good - great for laminate - and feel good, too. with the right strings, i think they'll be good for what you want. you might want to experiment with silk and steels. i've had better luck getting a semi classical sound out of a grand auditorium or grand concert sized guitar, btw, but most of the good ones aren't in your price range - especially not with cutaways.

taylor 114ce
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Taylor-114CE-Grand-Auditorium-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=514495

taylor 110ce (the dread version)
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Taylor-100-Series-110CE-Dreadnought-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=514494

here are some seagulls with cutaways - all laminate in your price range, but don't let that hold you back as they still really sing:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?N=100001+11&Ntk=All&Ntt=seagull+cutaway&Nty=1

i suggest that if you make it to a guitar store, you play some of the more expensive grand concerts (check out taylor - they have some awesome ones, the names always start with GC) and the other grand auditoriums. that way, you'll have a good frame of reference.

I actually just played the Taylor 214CE or whatever. The cutaway one. I was rather impressed with it. I played one a few years ago which wasn't all that great, but this one had been set up well and sounded very nice for the laminate sides.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
both the ones i posted are "the cutaway one" - any taylor with a c in it is a cutaway, and they have them all the way up the line. the differences between the two i posted are that one is a dread, one is a grand concert. it's a shame that taylor decided to go laminate back and sides in 2006. i haven't had a chance to play the solid body versions, but i'd love to take one for a spin.

Quote by Artemis Entreri
I actually just played the Taylor 214CE or whatever. The cutaway one. I was rather impressed with it. I played one a few years ago which wasn't all that great, but this one had been set up well and sounded very nice for the laminate sides.