I don't know much about buying used pickups, so help me out real quick.

is there any danger in buying used pickups? I don't really know how pickups work so i assume you can take them out of one guitar and drop them in another with no real problems, right?
The only risk I can think of if its broken or something, and you're buying from a scammer or some asshole who won't refund you. If you're buying used goods through a store, its fine though.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
should be fine, i typically ask for the seller to measure the DC resistance first just to make sure it's ok
Quote by al112987
should be fine, i typically ask for the seller to measure the DC resistance first just to make sure it's ok

And I ask for the length of the wires. Measure from the middle of the pickup to the control cavity and add another inch (or more) to make sure it will reach.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
There's very little that can actually go wrong on a pickup; it's a wire wrapped around a magnet. A pickup is in general one of the safest things to buy secondhand.
It's fine, I got my Evos second hand, they're immense.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.