I was wondering if I could put 10's strings on my guitar and tune it down to drop C. I want 10's so it's easy to tune it back to standard and so.
I have a Yamaha Pacifica EG 112C, I dont think the change of gauge would be a problem to the vibrato tremolo right?

And by the way, what bands play in drop C? besides COB and SOAD
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']It's the sound of Satan himself ripping through the electronics in the guitar....

It's a pinch harmonic, dude.
It entirely possible. I have .10s and they can handle DropC just fine. Tho you might get some fretbuzz.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
use 11's, they will give you better tension

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I got .11-.54's on my schecter and I play also in standard the g string (tsih xD) is plain 22 so it's pretty thick and got nice tension in standard. Me likes but .10's will be fine also, bit sloppy maybe but you'll be just fine
It's ok. Once I tuned to Drop C a guitar with 2 years old .9 stings and it was fine. Not awesome, but not bad either.
I love 10's in drop C but I use at least a .54 and ideally a .56 on the C string
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Its not sloppy on my guitar, but I have a floating trem and can adjust the spring tension.

I use .10's but I use the light top/heavy bottom so it keeps everything tight.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
I remember reading an interview with one of the guitarists from "The Sword". They drop-tune, but use light gauge strings. He was saying that's how you get that nice, rubbery heavy sound...because Tony Iommi used light gauge strings as well when down-tuning.

*shrugs* Try it, see what you think.
the strings will feel super loose, and some other bands that uses drop c is killswitch and thrice
Quote by DarXyde
BFVM do drop c don't they?

Yeh, and some D Standard on Scream, Aim, Fire.

TS. You can use 10's in drop C, they will be a little loose, but you'll get awesome bends... You might try going up to 11's...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Bullet for my valentine mostly plays in drop c. So does Killswitch Engage. i believe breaking benjamin might but im not fully sure
I have 10-52's on my Cort, and they're fine in Drop C. Also, Mastodon on Crack The Skye play in Drop C, and Gojira on some songs (f.ex. Vacuity).
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Ok I'll try 10's
a friend of mine told me he tuned down to drop C with 9's and was fine, not the best, but fine.
so I think 10's will do it, if not, 11's be welcome
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']It's the sound of Satan himself ripping through the electronics in the guitar....

I play in C-Standard with 10-52s. I once put 13-56s on my guitar just for grins, but having a 3rd string that looked like something you used to tie rebar together just sucked.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
.10s will be too loose if u tune them in Drop C, for drop C (and D standard) I use .12s, and it's perfect
i use .13's in all dropped tuning below dropped D.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
and if I string it with .11s, do I have to adjust the vibrato tremolo or the truss rod or something? or will it be fine?

you have adjust the bridge because of the higher tension of the 11's. I wouldn't worry about the neck if you are going from 10's to 11's but if it's 9's to 11's i would adjust the neck.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369