Looking for a little help here....I am running into trouble getting my TS-9 to work on my crunch or lead channel on my Bugera 333-XL.(works fine in the clean channel I can get a killer blues tone) When ever I turn it on I get way too much feedback and noise. This happens no matter where the dials are. Could there be an issue with the pedal? I think that it is in the chain correctly... Is there a mod that will help?

TU-2-->AC3-->SuperFuzz-->TS-9-->Nano Clone-->Sonic Stomp-->NS-2-->AMP

theDogger
I never use an OD/Dist pedal while on the OD/Crunch channel, only on the clean

I dont think there is anything wrong with your pedal, just use it on clean only otherwise the 2 OD's are going to clash and make your tone sound like junk

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
^That is ridiculous. Tons of people run ODs into dirty channels with great success. Sure most use the OD as a clean boost (gain: 0, volume: 10) but there are still plenty of people using ODs with OD channels...

TS - Are you diming the gain on either the pedal or amp? With both engaged you probably need to dial back the gain a bit on both.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
^That is ridiculous. Tons of people run ODs into dirty channels with great success. Sure most use the OD as a clean boost (gain: 0, volume: 10) but there are still plenty of people using ODs with OD channels...

TS - Are you diming the gain on either the pedal or amp? With both engaged you probably need to dial back the gain a bit on both.

Ya with the active EQ on the 2-OD channel I am set like this
Treb-1 o'clock
Mids-12 o'clock
Bass-1 o'clock
Gain-1 o'clock

Even if I drop the gain down as soon as I click the TS-9 on it starts to feedback and sequel like a pig and even my NS-2 can't block the noise/feedback. Even while playing in between when I am letting a note ring out I can here the noise..

So you are suggesting to turn the gain down on the TS-9 and the feedback/noise should subside...

theDogger
Last edited by theDogger at Oct 6, 2009,
As tubetime86 said, loads of people use OD pedals infront of the amp's gain: they use it to overdrive the tubes before the amp's own gain/distortion comes in, to add a bit of colour. Almost every metal band out there does it.

TS, what are the settings you use for the TS9? Because as I said: OD pedals are usualy used, in this sense, for a bit of colour, not for more gain.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M