i have a suhr carve top on order its 3500.00 i was thinking of canceling the order and buying an S4 and the badger 18w amp instead. any thoughts? the 2 would be around 3800.00.also my current amp is a frontman 65
I'd definitely get a better amp than a frontman if you're prepared to sink $3500 on a guitar.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Get a better amp! No point in spending 3500 on a guitar, to play it through a Frontman

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
There's no rule that says you have to get gear in a certain order. If you want the S4 and amp, then do it, but if buying buying those 2 instead of the carve top makes you feel like you're settling for something, then personally I wouldn't do it. I'd rather get the guitar I really want, even if it meant playing it through a crappy amp for a while.
I'd keep the carve top and get a cheaper amp. The badger's nice, but overpriced IMO. Maybe get a second hand Suhr? I have a custom modern arriving in a few weeks, and know how you feel about the prices lol. Saying that, if you're getting a Suhr, you NEED a better amp.
If you go the pro route, I'd get an S3, as I find all maple a bit too bright. I like a rosewood board, but that's me.

Good luck.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.