Page 1 of 5
I've watched a few of the ones that apparently do this (green mile , shawshank redemption , american history x) maybe im just dead inside but either way its annoying to feel it build up then not release, any ideas?
Quote by alexmonty12
Forrest Gump. You are inhuman if you do not cry at this.

That or the Pokemon movie.

i guess im inhuman
Titanic!

maybe im just dead inside but either way its annoying to feel it build up then not release, any ideas?

you have problems finishing too eh? They make medicine for that

Oh, and I am Legend, where he kills his dog. That's a jerker.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by drdoom8793
i guess im inhuman

an oblivious southlander discovering life is pretty sad. "I love you, Jenny."
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Babel

Oh, and La Vite e Bella (Life is Beautiful)
Last edited by xFilth at Oct 6, 2009,
Requiem for a Dream (Most. Depressing. Film. Ever.)

Hoop Dreams (not a long build-up, but just specific touching moments in the documentary that really get to you)

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (The finally scene is likely to do it, but if not who cares, its a great movie every needs to see anyways)

Quote by Artemis Entreri
Titanic!

More like epic lulz when Leonardo DiCraprio dies

Quote by mental_zer0

That was hilarious, thanks!

Some other sad movies that come to mind (with sad parts or endings at least)....

Life is Beautiful (La Vita e Bella)
The House of Sand and Fog
Pan's Labyrinth
Dear Zachary: A Letter To A Son About His Father (Very very very sad)
The Killing Fields
City of God
Le Scaphandre Et Le Papillon (The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, also extremely sad)
Ikiru
Paths of Glory (The final scene is very touching and uplifting)
Man on the Moon (best funeral scene ever)

That should be enough to dampen your spirits for a while.
Last edited by bajeda at Oct 6, 2009,
The prestige with a buncha friends.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Requiem for a Dream is really depressing, but I don't think it's depressing in a way that would make you cry.

But The Fox and the Hound has made me cry every time I've seen it for about 10 years.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
People cry for different reasons. Just watch and watch and watch.

I almost cried with Schindler's List even though it's an uplifting film as opposed to a sad film.
Quote by Confusius

+1 to this

Hell, I watched the LotR trilogy the other night, and cried for the last hour of it, because it reminds me so much of my own pain.

And I'm now fully expecting to get ridiculed
Guys, please don't link him youtube links. I don't know about TS, but I'd never be able to cry just from let's say, two random characters sadly dying in grief. The point of sad movies is to get to know the environment and everyone in it before something tragic happens, so it's believable. Or that's how I feel.

TS, the movie "Red" is a really good, pretty unknown movie. Watch it. It's sad.
EDDIT: Robhc, seriously, I cry everytime for LOTR. And I freakin' weep at the part where they go 'into the West.' So no ridiculing from me brother.
The playground of the world
Last edited by Eddie4President at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by Eddie4President
Guys, please don't link him youtube links. I don't know about TS, but I'd never be able to cry just from let's say, two random characters sadly dying in grief. The point of sad movies is to get to know the environment and everyone in it before something tragic happens, so it's believable. Or that's how I feel.

TS, the movie "Red" is a really good, pretty unknown movie. Watch it. It's sad.
EDDIT: Robhc, seriously, I cry everytime for LOTR. And I freakin' weep at the part where they go 'into the West.'

Yea, that movie is so sad

It gets a little weird, but it's still sad.
Quote by maggot9779
Yea, that movie is so sad

It gets a little weird, but it's still sad.

"Red?" Yeah, the part where the certain character is talking to that other certain character about his certain family relation. . .that gets really over the top.. . . but still. Good movie, sad movie
The playground of the world
Dead Man's Shoes
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Brians Song

has anyone ever seen brians song, its not well known and old
Last edited by Amos_Moses at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by Random3
Donnie in the Big Lebowski

Goodnight, sweet prince...

Big Fish is one that always gets me weepy-eyed. Probably one of my favorite movies of all time.
Quote by Confusius

I almost cried with Schindler's List even though it's an uplifting film as opposed to a sad film.

Spielberg rarely gets me, because I can sense he is trying to manipulate my emotions. He typically goes over the top with melodrama, which just engenders disbelief for me. I thought Schindler's List was pretty sad, but never got close to a tear, especially with the whole contrived speeches at the end with Schindler breaking character (IMO).

Saving Private Ryan got me with the old man scene though, will admit to that.

Quote by Eddie4President

True. TV shows can often be the most poignant, since you spend so much time with the characters.

Seen 'Six Feet Under'? If you watch every season, the last few episodes are bound to be a massive tear fest, especially the last one.

Even 'The Wire' got me a bit in the last episode, with the Bubbles story line, plus just being sad that such an amazing series was coming to an end.
ET was, legitimately, the only movie that has ever made me cry.

When he's getting onto the spaceship at the end...

That's probably the 4th or 5th saddest that I've ever felt.
Quote by El3ment380
Click is sad at the end

Click could have been one of the best, most meaningful films ever made, if they had not included the last 10 or 15 minutes.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Page 1 of 5