So after a month of taking my Boss DD-3 to get repaired it has officially been declared dead (or beyond the cost of a new pedal). So now I have no delay on my board which is the effect I use most and I have little to no money to buy a replacement. What are my options? Can I sell this broken DD-3 on eBay for parts or would it just be a waste of time with little return. Can Boss do anything for me or would I waste my time sending it to them just for them to tell me that I need to buy a new one?
What I'm working with:
Fender Jazzmaster
Gibson SG-X
ESP EC-401
Peavey 6505+ w/ Voodoo mods
Well the first thing to do is call/email Boss (Roland) and ask them what's up with their return/repair policy. Do you have a warranty? I think Boss (Roland) is 5 years on their pedals, but I'm not positive. For parts, you'd probably be lucky to get $30 on eBay.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Yea I think your right about the warranty but I've asked before about repairing one of my other Boss pedals and they told me it wasn't worth it because the cost of labor would cost more than a brand new pedal of the same model. And thats exactly what I thought I'd get when I guessed at how much I'd get on eBay, but $30 is $30 right?
What I'm working with:
Fender Jazzmaster
Gibson SG-X
ESP EC-401
Peavey 6505+ w/ Voodoo mods
better $30 than just having it sit around, atleast recover a few dollars for your loss. just advertise it as broken, someone's likely to pick it up.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Yeah, if you don't have a warranty I'd reccomend selling on eBay, there's probably a few stompbox builders/modders who will fancy having a crack at repairing it. Just make sure you advertise it as broken!