it's time for me to upgrade my tenson scream 15 which i dislike abit. i have had a look and i like the looks of the peavevy vypyr 30, roland cube 30x and vox vt30.
i play all types of rock, some blues, and some metal.
i personally feel that the vypyr is not what i am realy after but it is the cheapest, i like the power squeezer on the cube and the attenuator on the vox as i found that my amp sounds best when it is on 10 but i can't play it on that as it is quite deafaning in my opinion.
i have a budget of €250, £230 or $370.
my guitar is an epiphone g-400 and i have a boss ds-1, and i may be getting a korg pitchblack later this month.
any opinions or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
i feel that the vypyr is the best out of the three, easily. i thought the vox was ok at first, and i liked my cube a little, but i think the vypyr easily outclasses them.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
First bit of advice - either ditch the DS-1 or send it to Keeley or Analog man to get it modded.

Are there any stores nearby that carry the amps you mentioned? If so your best bet is to go there and try them out.

Also, are you willing to buy used? I know a lot of people are sketchy about buying used gear, but you can really find some amazing deals.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
First bit of advice - either ditch the DS-1 or send it to Keeley or Analog man to get it modded.

Are there any stores nearby that carry the amps you mentioned? If so your best bet is to go there and try them out.

Also, are you willing to buy used? I know a lot of people are sketchy about buying used gear, but you can really find some amazing deals.

i'm tavelling to dublin later this month to help my brother look for his first electric so i have limited time to try them out, and there are no dealers near me.

i can't realy go used as i'm seriously busy, and can't realy afford to travel all around the countryas i'm trying to go to university.
well then get a vypyr. i seriously back it 100% in comparison to the others
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Vypyr + Sampera. That's in your budget. You won't need your DS-1. It will probably not sound good through the Vypyr anyway. Power attenuators on a SS amp strike me as gimmicky since there is no such thing as driving a SS power amp into saturation. It's just another amp control labeled to make you think it's something it's not. The Vypyr has the same capability.

The Blackstar HT-5 is a consideration. If you like pedals then consider the Epi Vjr or BlackHeart. My personal favorite amp with some built in modeling is the Fender Super Champ XD. The word is that it takes pedals well. I haven't tried that yet with mine because I like it specifically because you don't need them. I've got all my pedals running into an Ampeg J-20.
For $400, your best bet would either be a Fender Super Champ XD or the Valvetronix. One of the best things you could do is check Craigslist in your price range.
You could probably look at an AC4 in your price range. Beats the crap out of all the modelers you mentioned in sound quality imo.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
i'm realy tempted by the valve junior, and seeing as it's cheaper i should be able to get another pedal, i'm looking at either a delay or tremelo, any suggestions on the pedals are greatly appreciated
Quote by jc349
AC4

some metal

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??