ok so for guitar he gave me a bunch of things that i had to figure out.

heres my answers

are they right? did i miss any? if so, could you explain what i did wrong?

thanks for the help guys,
Nathan
Quote by Confusius
Woah, that scan is not clear at all, can you type em up?

this^
Quote by Confusius
Woah, that scan is not clear at all, can you type em up?

+1
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
the first one was a picture. this is a scan.

if you still cant read it, ill write it out. i just hate typing with this new horrible keyboard

here.

c, A3: E#
Cb, d4: Ebb
A#, m2: B
A, A5: E#
Ab, m7: Gb
G, P8: g
Gb, A6:E
F, m3: Ab
Fb, d2: Gbbb
Eb, m7: Db
D, M3; F
C#, P5:G#
there they all are. i wrote root note, what i need to find, then answer on each one
A d4 is one semitone smaller than a P4, so a d4 from B is Eb (not Ebb).

An M3 from D is F#.

Otherwise I think they're all correct, although a d2 is the same as a unison and I really can't see any use for it.

Edit:
You changed it when you typed it out, a d4 from Cb is Fbb.
Last edited by 12345abcd3 at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by 12345abcd3
A d4 is one semitone smaller than a P4, so a d4 from B is Eb (not Ebb).

An M3 from D is F#.

Otherwise I think they're all correct, although a d2 is the same as a unison and I really can't see any use for it.

Edit:
You changed it when you typed it out, a d4 from Cb is Fbb.

wait. at the top of the scanned one it says, dimineshed - minor- major - augmented. how is d4 one semitone less than p4? it seems like it would be two half steps down from major
Quote by nathanlamb01098
wait. at the top of the scanned one it says, dimineshed - minor- major - augmented. how is d4 one semitone less than p4? it seems like it would be two half steps down from major

Look at the second line of the page, a diminished interval is one semitone smaller than a perfect interval and an augmented interval is one semitone larger than a perfect interval.
Quote by nathanlamb01098
Diminished doesn't mean a tone flat. In fact, it usually means one semitone flat. Therefore, d4 would be one semitone below p4, just as d5 is one semitone below p5.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by 12345abcd3
Look at the second line of the page, a diminished interval is one semitone smaller than a perfect interval and an augmented interval is one semitone larger than a perfect interval.

whats the difference in the two lines?

when do i follow which one?

heres how ive been doin it. say you want the m3 of c. i would play cmajor scale till i get to the third one, make sure it adds up with my mouth talking thru the scale, so i would say: c, d, e. and then bring e a half step down for minor. right? to get Eb?

so what if its diminished third of c? i bring it down two semitones from e rigt?
Quote by nathanlamb01098
whats the difference in the two lines?

when do i follow which one?

heres how ive been doin it. say you want the m3 of c. i would play cmajor scale till i get to the third one, make sure it adds up with my mouth talking thru the scale, so i would say: c, d, e. and then bring e a half step down for minor. right? to get Eb?

so what if its diminished third of c? i bring it down two semitones from e rigt?

Basically, a diminished interval is a semtione lower than a minor interval or a perfect interval.

What you have done in this example is correct, you have found the major third, gone one semitone down to get the minor third. If you wanted the diminished third you would go one semitone lower than the minor third to get Ebb.

However, if you wanted a d4 from C, you would go along the major scale to F, which is a perfect fourth. From the perfect fourth you go one semitone lower to get the diminished fourth, so you get Fb.

Edit:
For 2nds, 3rds, 6ths and 7ths you use the first line.
For unisons, 4ths, 5ths and octaves you use the second line (as these are perfect intervals).
Last edited by 12345abcd3 at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by 12345abcd3
Basically, a diminished interval is a semtione lower than a minor interval or a perfect interval.

What you have done in this example is correct, you have found the major third, gone one semitone down to get the minor third. If you wanted the diminished third you would go one semitone lower than the minor third to get Ebb.

However, if you wanted a d4 from C, you would go along the major scale to F, which is a perfect fourth. From the perfect fourth you go one semitone lower to get the diminished fourth, so you get Fb.

Edit:
For 2nds, 3rds, 6ths and 7ths you use the first line.
For unisons, 4ths, 5ths and octaves you use the second line (as these are perfect intervals).

thanks you. your edit is what i really needed. and i messed up copying it to text, the scan is right, i need the d4 of B, not Cb or whatever i put
Quote by nathanlamb01098
thanks you. your edit is what i really needed. and i messed up copying it to text, the scan is right, i need the d4 of B, not Cb or whatever i put

No problem .