I'm looking to buy a new guitar, but I'm not sure on what to get. I noticed this guitar at guitar center and fell in love with its look. I'm still a beginner playing on a Laguna pack, but i'm wondering if it is worth while to buy this guitar now, or wait till i'm better at the guitar.
Quote by emmicKs
I'm looking to buy a new guitar, but I'm not sure on what to get. I noticed this guitar at guitar center and fell in love with its look. I'm still a beginner playing on a Laguna pack, but i'm wondering if it is worth while to buy this guitar now, or wait till i'm better at the guitar.

Guitars vary on sound, and design but all in all won't really help your guitar playing. So if you buy one now or later is really apples and oranges. I understand the wanting to get something new, but I also know the more you play the better you know what sound you are going for. As much as looks of guitars appeal to me, I also know what sound I am looking for as well. I say if you are questioning it, just focus on playing with what you have for now, and then one day for a present to yourself on X-mas or/and B-day then get one. Maybe make a goal, when I know this much, or can play this one song perfectly, then your prize is a new guitar.

Believe me I have been to Guitar Center many times DROOLING but I also know it's a hobby and much like a hobby it's not worth the money. Besides, Ibanez, Gibson, Kramer, Yamaha, all these models from expensive to not so expensive are ALL played by one or more famous musicians. There are plenty of career/famous musicians that are playing Laguna's right now. If they can make it work with that, so can you.
Quote by fingerguy
Guitars vary on sound, and design but all in all won't really help your guitar playing. So if you buy one now or later is really apples and oranges. I understand the wanting to get something new, but I also know the more you play the better you know what sound you are going for. As much as looks of guitars appeal to me, I also know what sound I am looking for as well. I say if you are questioning it, just focus on playing with what you have for now, and then one day for a present to yourself on X-mas or/and B-day then get one. Maybe make a goal, when I know this much, or can play this one song perfectly, then your prize is a new guitar.

Believe me I have been to Guitar Center many times DROOLING but I also know it's a hobby and much like a hobby it's not worth the money. Besides, Ibanez, Gibson, Kramer, Yamaha, all these models from expensive to not so expensive are ALL played by one or more famous musicians. There are plenty of career/famous musicians that are playing Laguna's right now. If they can make it work with that, so can you.
Ya you have a really good point. i think what i really need to do is figure out how to get better, i'm kind of stuck at learning simple things. not sure whats the best way to get better other then having someone teach me, but i really can't afford that. i make min. wage lol.
if you can afford it and want it then get it, i don`t know what amp your using atm but if it`s a starter pack amp then that should be your next upgrade after the guitar.
well im using a Line 6 15 watt spider 3 amp, which came with the guitar. i looked it up and i saw a lot of good reviews on it. but i really don't know the difference. its the only amp i have played on. it seems like its messed up though, like when you switch from clean or metal or whatever it seems to get louder or lower volume depending on how the knobs are set. but once you move them slightly it goes to where it should be. is it supposed to be like that?
Quote by ibanezgod1973
if you can afford it and want it then get it, i don`t know what amp your using atm but if it`s a starter pack amp then that should be your next upgrade after the guitar.
I'm guessing by your name and guitars you are familiar with ibanez lol
Quote by emmicKs
well im using a Line 6 15 watt spider 3 amp, which came with the guitar. i looked it up and i saw a lot of good reviews on it. but i really don't know the difference. its the only amp i have played on. it seems like its messed up though, like when you switch from clean or metal or whatever it seems to get louder or lower volume depending on how the knobs are set. but once you move them slightly it goes to where it should be. is it supposed to be like that?

You can adjust the volume and then save it like that so when you switch channels there isn't so much of a volume difference.

Amps not messed up, just needs a little tweaking by you the user.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by srob7001
You can adjust the volume and then save it like that so when you switch channels there isn't so much of a volume difference.

Amps not messed up, just needs a little tweaking by you the user.
how do you save it. cause thats what i was trying to do. but everytime i switch it it always goes really loud or it goes quiet, depending on the master volume. plus whats the difference between master volume and channel. i have to have master all the way down other wise it screams at me lol
hey all you need to save it is whatever mode you are on say metal you would just adjust the channel volume an highs low etc to you liking then just press and hold the metal or whatever channel button until it blinks, then its saved.
EDIT, here is a link to a users manual. should help you out, just scroll down to spider 3 then click on your amp.
Last edited by asilaydying88 at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by asilaydying88
hey all you need to save it is whatever mode you are on say metal you would just adjust the channel volume an highs low etc to you liking then just press and hold the metal or whatever channel button until it blinks, then its saved.
EDIT, here is a link to a users manual. should help you out, just scroll down to spider 3 then click on your amp.

really? you can just hold it down then it saves it? that would have been really helpful to know lol. i guess i should have read that booklet :p
yep it sure is. hold it for 2 sec an it saves. also the channel volume is more for the volume of the effects etc whereas the master is just that doesnt change ur tone just volume, so it says in the manual
Yes...read the book......there are some other neat features that you can utilize once you know how to use that amp.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ