I'm thinking of downsizing to a Mesa 2x12 w/ V30's...wise choice? I think it would compliment my Marshall well. And weight a whole lot less

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Ya I've had 2 100 watt heads. I had a 4x12 with the first (Peavey Windsor) and a 2x12 with the second (Fender Bassman.) The only real difference is the 'fullness' of the sound. As best I can tell this is more affected by the positioning of the two 'slant' speakers in a slant cab than in the actual number of speakers.

So in short, I don't think you'll notice much difference.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Ya I've had 2 100 watt heads. I had a 4x12 with the first (Peavey Windsor) and a 2x12 with the second (Fender Bassman.) The only real difference is the 'fullness' of the sound. As best I can tell this is more affected by the positioning of the two 'slant' speakers in a slant cab than in the actual number of speakers.

So in short, I don't think you'll notice much difference.

Well I'm looking for a bit better definition, and i heard V30s deliver in this field. Plus, it'll be a lot more compact for me, and still loud enough to shake walls

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by jcp42877
Well I'm looking for a bit better definition, and i heard V30s deliver in this field. Plus, it'll be a lot more compact for me, and still loud enough to shake walls

Ya I also have V30s, and I can say they have a lot more definition than most speakers. The only thing to keep in mind is the mids can get a little bit harsh, which I like because it makes my Fender sound like it is breaking up a little earlier. I think you have done your research and are prepared to make a well educated purchase...

BTW check out Avatar cabs if you are in the US and still looking.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Ya I also have V30s, and I can say they have a lot more definition than most speakers. The only thing to keep in mind is the mids can get a little bit harsh, which I like because it makes my Fender sound like it is breaking up a little earlier. I think you have done your research and are prepared to make a well educated purchase...

BTW check out Avatar cabs if you are in the US and still looking.

Ya, I'll def look into them too. I've heard nothing but praise for Avatar cabs, and the only thing really special about the 2x12 i was looking at was the Mesa name. Ive heard Mesa 4x12s are really good because of the "overweight" tone they produce, but an Avatar should suit me fine. Hopefully i can find a cheap used one

would it be best to put 2 V30s or a V30 and a GT75?

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
I can't say much about the mix, since I haven't personally heard it. But I can say that the V30 is a very aggressive, raunchy speaker, so I imagine the GT75 would smooth it out a bit.

I've heard the Mesa cabs are just slightly more preferable to Avatar, but I've heard that debated either way. I'd just go for the best deal you can find between Mesa, Avatar, Framus, Vader, Mills, and a few others I'm forgetting. Those are all supposed to be top-notch cabs.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Don't forget orange, but they can get pricey, especially in the U.S.
Gear
Ibanez JS1200
Agile 3000M w/ Emg 81/85
Takamine FP450SMC-SB
Peavey JSX w/ Saxon 2x12 (Eminence Governor's)
Line 6 M13
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez TS9DX