I got a Jackson PS2 ironically enough in a trade for a ps2 and seems like a decent enough guitar but i have no idea what the original cost is....so im not sure whether to upgrade the pups because i dont want to put good pups in a cheap guitar.. i already have a much better ibanez with emgs, but its got a hard-tail and i like to dive-bomb...at any rate if i do decide to swap em out i want to im looking for something geared toward 80s shred stuff so i was looking at a duncan jb but since im only puttin in one pup i was lookin at a screamin demon because i heard it was good for rhythm and lead work. thoughts?
If it is attatched to an amp and doesnt go shred...what...what the hell is it?? Eww..
What I know the PS2 is a cheaper model with a pretty bad floyd (if I remember right). So don't waste your money on it, try sell it and get a little more expensive Jackson (or ESP/LTD or Ibanez) with a better floyd. And for 80s shred stuff nothing beats Dimarzio!
yea i know ive got dimarzios in another guitar so i wanted to try out some duncans...even if i sold it i wouldnt have the cash for a new guitar...but i got this one basically for free so i figured i may be able to do something with it...my Ibanez is fine really if i try to upgrade anything itll be my rig
If it is attatched to an amp and doesnt go shred...what...what the hell is it?? Eww..
Then have this Jackson to play with, maybe practice some modding or repaintning? Maybe change the floyd, repaint it, and upgrade the pickups to some duncans if you really like the guitar, that's what I would've done!