hey ug. so i have finally decided im what amo im gonna get....6505!!!!!

but i need to no 1 thing is it loud???

i wont it to be loud enoought for gigs and stuff
but i also wont to be able to turn it down for jammin with a band and stuff

advice please oh and if anyones got a 5150/6505 for sale pm me. =]
120 watts are you havin a laugh

of corse its enough
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by kakos
120 watts are you havin a laugh

of corse its enough

ye but i need something loud and for bedroom and for jamming use

so i want something loud and quite
Umm volume control? Try turning it down when your in your room alone, it does magical things....
it is extremely loud, i got a DSL100 and that is bloody loud so I can only imagine how loud a 120 watt Peavey 6505 is. I believe they do quiet, but to get the best sounds from them, like most valve amps, they need to be cranked. Unless you buy a EQ pedal or distortion pedal to boost the amp when you play at low volumes.
Quote by sashki
judging by these 'ranks', I guess you were looking at Gibson guitars.

In that case, it goes (worst --> best)
special --> studio --> standard --> custom

When Gibson calls something "special", it's special in the way a retarded kid is.
first you might want to practice spelling and grammar, so we can understand what you're asking
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by 1jack369
ye but i need something loud and for bedroom and for jamming use

so i want something loud and quite

long live volume knobs..

/thread
Does the Pope shit in the woods?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
this thread = fail

are you serious? how did you decide to buy the amp, yet you have no clue on the volume capabilites?

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
lol ye i guess this thread is pretty stupid lol

oh and hsktim sorry about my spelling...bottom set english =/
It's a pretty quiet amp, you have to get it to about 7-8 till you can get over a drum kit.
The 5150/6505 amps can wake the dead. Quite possibly one of the loudest stock amps Ive ever heard of. I know, I own one now. Sweet tap dancing christ, it rattles the walls. The only amp that I think might be louder is the Peavey Mace. (160 all tube watts w/ 6 x 6L6's)

Good luck, I hope you get one. You'll make your nieghbors sh*t the bed.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Quote by Jonny Ryan Mac
The 5150/6505 amps can wake the dead. Quite possibly one of the loudest stock amps Ive ever heard of. I know, I own one now. Sweet tap dancing christ, it rattles the walls. The only amp that I think might be louder is the Peavey Mace. (160 all tube watts w/ 6 x 6L6's)

Good luck, I hope you get one. You'll make your nieghbors sh*t the bed.

5150 is stupid loud. It's a bit much for a bedroom, but it'll work. I have a Peavey Mace head. Nice little amp.
Quote by Ghold125
It's a pretty quiet amp, you have to get it to about 7-8 till you can get over a drum kit.

i concur.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
:lipstick: Macehead is a very nice little amp that use for bedroom practice
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.