I've been looking at Agile guitars, the LP knockoffs. And I like what I'm seeing. I was looking at saving up for an Agile 3x00 series guitar like this one: Agile AL-3000 .

Now, coincidentally, on craiglist, I ran across Michael Kelly Patriot Supreme which like the Agiles, is a a Korean made guitar.

Now, I'm not one for brand names or whatever (my current guitar is an AXL from a yardsale). I'd like to have something that plays nice, but I'm also a beginner so I don't even really know what that means.

An Agile 3x00 will run me ~$450 by the time I get a case. I can get that Michael Kelly on CL for 200 bucks. Any opinions either way?
That guitar will be gone before this thread ends, I say call the guy up with the MK fast.
Kelly. At equal price it would just get my vote but for $200 you have to take the guys arm off.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I emailed him right before I posted this thread, but there is no phone # listed on that ad.
Haven't heard from him yet.
Quote by Commodor 64
I emailed him right before I posted this thread, but there is no phone # listed on that ad.
Haven't heard from him yet.

That thing is probably gone, sorry
OK. The MK is still available. I will probably take a look at it on my way home from work tonight!
Take the Michael Kelly and FAST!
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Just sent the guy a text and left him a message. One thing is, I can't seem to find a guitar that looks like the one in the ad on the MK site.

I can't seem to find a Patriot Supreme in that color with gold hardware. Perhaps their website/catalog doesn't have all the possibilities?

MK Catalog (Warnign 21mb PDF)
I´ve seen a couple MK´s that are in non catalouged colours. Wonderful guitars, I would take that over an Agile in a heartbeat.
Look up the Tone Kings review on you tube. He goes on and on about the Patriot and how good it is for the money. That being said I just got a AL 3000 from Rondomusic today. It is the gold top with the humbuckers. I am amazed at what $462 (Price includes the hard case and shipping) got me. I had a Gibson Les Paul Studio Vintage Faded Cherry about a year ago, honestly this Agile blows that Gibby out of the water. I was afraid it would have something wrong with it but I can't find 1 single flaw. The tone is exactly what I've been wanting too. So, if it was me, I'd grab the MK if you can but if it's gone there is not a thing wrong with Agile, so get one. I've been saying all evening, "How is Gibson letting them do this?".
^ All Agiles are great guitars, even models other than the AL-series...our old guitarist hated the fact that my Agile played better than his Gibson...and that I paid a ****ton less too.
Okay, yes... Agile are great deals... If they were the same price the MK would be a decent bit better...

At 200$ you're a fool not to take that MK. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Hex Deluxe.

Additionally, rockfield make EXCELLENT PICKUPS... Probably the best you can get for the price... The SWCs are pure gold, too. Love them.
OK I got it! I gave him the 200 bucks.

It's at least 3-4 years old I think (he got it used, 3 years ago, he said. SO I don't think it is a Patriot Supreme...it looks like the press release for the Patriot Supreme was Jan/Feb 2009. So I dunno WTF model it is. It badly needed strings, has a couple of dings, had a lot of tar/oil on the fretboard. The guy is a heavy smoker.

I just cleaned it up and put on the new strings. The action is very ,very low, but no buzzing. OMFG. It plays so easy, I just think about putting my fingers on the chord/note and it plays. I'm astounded. I can't tell you folks how geeked I am right now...this guitar is totally cool.

THANKS THANKS THANKS!

edited...not sure it is a "Patriot Supreme" model, but it is a michael kelly. PErhaps I should email them the serial #.
Last edited by Commodor 64 at Oct 7, 2009,
Do it! They'll email you back (with real live people!!!1!1) in the morning, I imagine... Unless their offices are in cali or something.

HNGD!
Still haven't heard back from MK Guitars regarding what model this is. But here's some pics I took.

And here's a couple pics of my yard sale AXL:

Sweet guitar, love that color and grain pattern. For $200, thats a deal. It could be a Patriot Q. Its a discontinued model, but still a sweet guitar. The tone pots should be push/pull for pup splitting. Looks just like my 2003 Q.

--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Last edited by Auriemma at Oct 9, 2009,
MK Qs are great guitars. You are lucky, yours came with a serial number so MK customer service should be able to give you some info. Call them, there phone number is on their site.

Mine doesn't have a serial number (they confirmed some got out without them), so the year is based on when the previous owner's knowledge of when he bought it.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77