soo im looking for opinons on metalcore and death core, all that kinda stuff

Page 1 of 3
so i know people call it pussy metal and stuff but yea im just wanting to hear pepoles opinonns
- Consent Of The Dwelling -

Gear:
Dean DB Razorback
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Yamaha Acoustic
Line 6 Spider III 75w
It's pussy metal.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
i have never heard a deathcore band that wasn't boring and/or lame.

metalcore has some awesome bands, unearth especially
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
its a style of music and small people may not like it(fact)
i dont mind some of it in small doses
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
hahahaha i seen that before laughed my ass off
- Consent Of The Dwelling -

Gear:
Dean DB Razorback
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Yamaha Acoustic
Line 6 Spider III 75w
It's pussy metal.
[HARLEY-DAVIDSON]

When the world slips you a Jerffrey...

Stroke the furry walls.
stroke the furry walls.
Quote by iamalexd
if Suicide Silence is pussy metal I dont know what heavy is.

It appears you don't know what heavy is.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by BK202
There's a forum for this. And this seems like an appropriate time to post something from an old thread: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AjCBmqXdLLxJKyTKoohnlpMjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20080911193337AAQtizx

OMFG i havent laughed that hard in a looooong time
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
I do enjoy metalcore and deathcore.. =)
I haven't heard metal heavier than metalcore though..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDup6EFWWmk

Get past the intro. Much heavier than most metalcore.

EDIT: Ok, that wasn't the best example It's out there though.
Quote by nigeltheginger
I think metalcore and deathcore metal forum.

We have the hardcore and metal forums for a reason.
Last edited by jetfuel495 at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by nigeltheginger
I think metalcore and deathcore metal forum.

Unless they've changed the rules, they actually go in the Hardcore Forum. Even though the hardcore people hate them as much as the metalheads, if not more.
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
I do enjoy metalcore and deathcore.. =)
I haven't heard metal heavier than metalcore though..

you, sir need to listen to some brutal death metal, may i suggest cannibal corpse or vital remains perhaps? or maybe ingested or gorguts? or possibly cattle decapitation or deicide? enough said.

also, my opinion is that metalcore and deathcore are ok as long as the band members arent emo idiots *ex of non-emo bands: suicide silence, whitechapel, hatebreed* and actually sing about metal stuff, noone wants to hear an idiot screaming about his ex gf. also most haters are ignorant of the genre, as its really just blackened death metal (stylisticly, not lyrics/image-wise) with grooves. so really, just cause its different or more popular than death metal, actually check it out before you bash (whitechapel ftw)
metalcore has a bad rep because its more popular, popularity = more bad bands joining in the fad
Quote by Holy Katana
Unless they've changed the rules, they actually go in the Hardcore Forum. Even though the hardcore people hate them as much as the metalheads, if not more.

Oh ok, my bad
Quote by random-emo-kill
you, sir need to listen to some brutal death metal, may i suggest cannibal corpse or vital remains perhaps? or maybe ingested or gorguts? or possibly cattle decapitation or deicide? enough said.

also, my opinion is that metalcore and deathcore are ok as long as the band members arent emo idiots *ex of non-emo bands: suicide silence, whitechapel, hatebreed* and actually sing about metal stuff, noone wants to hear an idiot screaming about his ex gf. also most haters are ignorant of the genre, as its really just blackened death metal (stylisticly, not lyrics/image-wise) with grooves. so really, just cause its different or more popular than death metal, actually check it out before you bash (whitechapel ftw)

Whitechapel is boring, your username sucks, and you sound like a moron with the way you complain about "emos" all the time.

Behemoth is blackened death metal. Whitechapel is not.
Quote by Holy Katana

Deathcore is allowed in the metal forum since it really has little in common with real hardcore.
Quote by iamalexd
if Suicide Silence is pussy metal I dont know what heavy is.

Suicide Silence is one of the worst excuses for music, along with Emmure, Enter Shikari and BrokenCYDE. I'd rather listen to the Jonas Brothers.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by jetfuel495
Whitechapel is boring, your username sucks, and you sound like a moron with the way you complain about "emos" all the time.

Behemoth is blackened death metal. Whitechapel is not.
Deathcore is allowed in the metal forum since it really has little in common with real hardcore.

Whitechapel is probably the best deathcore band though..

I like them.. Now that you mention it I also took a liking to Behemoth recently..

This post is completely uninformative.
Whitechapel and As blood Runs Black are the only 2 good deathcore bands ive ever heard.

and whoever mentioned popularity being bad for metalcore gets a +1...... i personally listen to both

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by random-emo-kill

If you mean the genre brutal death metal, none of those bands are Brutal DM. Brutal DM is bands like Suffocation,Origin,Decrepit Birth and Spawn of Possession. Also, Deathcore isn't Blackened Death metal at all, It's more or less Groove metal + Modern Death Metal+ Metalcore.

Anyway, with any popular genre you are going to get a tidal wave of mediocricy/crap which hides the gems, the same has happened with metalcore/deathcore. Some of the Melodic death metal/metalcore bands are alright, like All that remains or Black Dahlia murder.
Last edited by true_bacon22 at Oct 6, 2009,
I used to listen to a lot of metalcore but i kinda got over it...a lot of it sounds very similar; all just melodic, chuggy riffing with clean singing in the choruses etc etc.

Deathcore is okay. I personally prefer it to metalcore but I barely ever listen to it either. I'm more into just straight death metal when it comes to heaviness.

yer just listen to proper metal it's better in almost every way.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Last edited by Athabasca at Oct 6, 2009,
Deathcore>Metalcore>'real metal'>everything else.

Im stupid, I know
love is love // return to dust
There's some good bands in metalcore. Though, as much as I do like those few bands (some of my favourites in fact), most of the genre is crap.

I haven't heard any deathcore, so I can't pass judgement really.
It's important to differentiate the modern day melodic metalcore and the original old school metalcore. Shai Hulud and 7A7P are WAY different from Bullet for my Valentine and TDWP and all that jazz.
Quote by EMGs_rule
Whitechapel and As blood Runs Black are the only 2 good deathcore bands ive ever heard.
I still don't consider ABRB to be deathcore. And, if that (Whitechapel) is the extent of your deathcore collection, you really need to branch out. They're overrated, methinks.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
This post is completely uninformative.
Quote by jetfuel495
It's important to differentiate the modern day melodic metalcore and the original old school metalcore. Shai Hulud and 7A7P are WAY different from Bullet for my Valentine and TDWP and all that jazz.

This is true.Crossover-thrash,Sludge Metal and grindcore are all examples of metalcore as a whole. But, the genre of Metalcore nowadays refers to bands that are generally a mix of Melodic Death metal+ post-hardcore(Trivium,Killswitch Engage) or Groove metal+hardcore/Post-hardcore(Lamb of God,Hatebreed) Albeit, Hatebreed aren't metal, but they use that combo.
It's pussy metal.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

I can't listen to metal, or any other similar genre - especially if it ends in "core"
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Page 1 of 3