Hello UG, haven't been about for awhile as I've been settling in at Uni. Because I've now moved to England I also have had to give up having guitar lessons and I have a little question.

I've noticed that in the couple of weeks since I stopped lessons, my existing skills have become more precise, more varied and generally more interesting. I just wondered if this could be the result of not having lessons and constantly being given new things to look at?

Or could it just be the inspiration of a new place. Anyone experienced this?
Quote by Tomaz24
Hello UG, haven't been about for awhile as I've been settling in at Uni. Because I've now moved to England I also have had to give up having guitar lessons and I have a little question.

I've noticed that in the couple of weeks since I stopped lessons, my existing skills have become more precise, more varied and generally more interesting. I just wondered if this could be the result of not having lessons and constantly being given new things to look at?

Or could it just be the inspiration of a new place. Anyone experienced this?

well thats probably it. you arent being forced to continue learning new things so you are perfecting what you know. and on top of that it seems like you are taking what you know and then changing it a bit to make them more interesting.
ya. i never took lessons, just played what i like, and as a result im good at what i play (faster heavier stuff) and i suck at what i don't play (finger picking). it's not hard to get better at whatever you're not good at in the first place, but getting the first stepping stones to a new technique laid down can be a bit frustrating. For me, im improving what i suck at, and a good way to improve quickly is to play something that's slightly out of your reach and practice it until you can get it. I did it with Midsummer's Daydream by Rik Emmett (search it on youtube, it's awesome) and it was a valuable learning experience.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬