Need some help!!
I recently purchased this "Telecaster" off eBay.
I have NO IDEA WHAT IT IS THOUGH!
It plays well and sounds good, plus it has good parts (Planet Waves Tuners, Seymour Duncan Pickups) It also has what i was told is a Mighty Might neck. For that reason there's no serial number.
Does anyone know anything about this guitar/recognise the body?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Here's the guitar-

mojostompboxes.com
It could be a custom warmoth build, or just a partsocaster. It looks sweet, if it plays well, it shouldn't matter who made it or anything of the sort.
It's a custom made guitar. It looks like a good guitar but why would you buy this when you don't know anything about it...
It's a partocaster most likely, if you really want to know what the body is then take off the neck and see if there is a engraving on the body.
i picked it up for $250AUD...
guy i bought it from had no idea about guitars.
i might go ahead and take the neck off.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
no markings...

Its a partocaster then, definitely not a warmoth build or anything.
Now that I look at the pic again, it looks like the guitar was routed for a P-90 or something at the bridge. Do you see the gap in the bridge?
Quote by darkcheef
Now that I look at the pic again, it looks like the guitar was routed for a P-90 or something at the bridge. Do you see the gap in the bridge?

Good eye dark, I never even saw that.
i always drop picks in it...
yeh, i dont think it was made for these pickups.
mojostompboxes.com
so what pickups do you guys think should be in this guitar?
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
so what pickups do you guys think should be in this guitar?

Or it could of been a routing job done horribly done, I just say keep it as is.
It doesn't really matter, you have it routed for P90s or humbuckers from the looks of it, but the tele bridge/bridge single coil just goes onto it. So you got yourself a pretty versatile guitar. It's really up to you.

Also looks like it might be made out of mahogany judging by the wood grain on the back of the body. So P90s would probably sound real nice in them depending on the amp you're playing through.
doesnt really handle metal well, but other than that covers the bases pretty well.
mojostompboxes.com