I know they exist. I'm trying to save money for an ipod so I really don't want to squeeze more than a $100 for a distortion pedal. I'm kind of looking for a Flyleaf meets Switchfoot kind of sound. I like a decent amount of gain, but nothing too saturated. I like overdrive for my normal tone for open chords and arpeggio driven riffs so it's only a distortion pedal I'm worried about. I play with reverb and delay for a lot of songs so that gives an idea of my sound. I would have went with past suggestion, but there goes my money for other things. So any suggestions for under or right at $100?
Barber Dirty Bomb?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Distortion, Big Muff, ProCo RAT, there's loads, even more if you go used
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
ProCo RAT for me
My friend swears by his Boss BD-2 and I can't say anything bad about it
Squier VM Jazzmaster
Superfuzz/ RAT/ OCD /DE7/ Spring Chicken/ DL-4
Vox AC15C1/ Ampeg Jet 12T/ Guitar Rig
Would any of that have enough gain? I'm looking for that modern alternative crunch that I can't seem to describe any other way than Flyleaf meets Switchfoot. As I said, I use lighter overdrive for the open chords, arpeggios, and softer lead. I just want something for the more driven tone.
The Barber Dirty Bomb gets pretty heavy.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I should mention I'm kind of steering towards the overdrive flavored distortion. I want gain, but with overdrive smoothness, but with clarity. Does that make sense? The Dirty Bomb seems to have that fuzziness that most straight distortions have, although it sounds pretty good.
Pro-Co Turbo Rat/RAT/Solo pedals, USA/Russian Big Muff, Cool cat Fuzz/Distortion, Vox Satchurator is alright aswell, also the EHX metal muff if you feel the need to get heavier.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I'm kind of looking for something like the Radial London Bone at a cheaper price. I want that bright, british sounding distortion, but smooth.
So...these would be good to try? These are the pedals I'm willing to try. It's not necessarily the British sound, but that smooth, bright tone with a nice midrange. I'm willing to up it to about $130. That's it.

ProCo RAT
ProCo Turbo rat
MI Audio Crunch Box (v3. is available to me)
Digitech Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion
Boss OC-2 Overdrive/Distortion (I played it before and it sounded nice with the overdrive and distortion blended)

etc.
The Crunchbox and Rat are probably your best bets
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
I've heard good things about the Digitech Hardwire SC-2, it has a crunch setting for more classic overdrive kinda sounds and then a saturated setting for higher gain...I'm looking to try one out within the next few days
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children