I've got a ProCo RAT Vintage Reissue. I quite like the sound but I would really like to know how it would sound with the ruetz mod done. Only problem is once I clip the resistor, I can't un-clip it or anything. So I would need to solder it. I don't have a soldering gun. I was just kinda wondering if anybody had a before and after analasys or even sound clips of their rat before and after the mod. The only sound clips/videos i can find are of the RAT 2 with the mod. Thanks

Also, does it matter which leg i clip??

http://www.diyguitaramp.com/rat.html
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
I can't see that site from my work computer, but if it's the one I remember, you can just clip either leg of the resistor, But I'd clip both just so it doesn't wander anywhere else and come into contact with a nother component.

A much BETTER idea is to pull the resistor, and replace it with a 1k pot, giving you control over the feedback loop.

It works great with the drive control, turns a RAT into a very expressive little box.

I think they call that the "lube" ruetz mod or something...
I'm not very experienced with electronics. I would rather do something more simple like this because all I would need to do to fix it is re solder the leg(s).

A much BETTER idea is to pull the resistor, and replace it with a 1k pot, giving you control over the feedback loop.

I don't know what this means.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Basically, it adds a variable 1k of resistance to a normal pot. Then you can dial in as much resistance as you want until it sounds perfect.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
So how would I go about doing that??? Is it easily reversible too??
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
I did this mod to my Rat and Now it's A Killer OD/Fuzz Pedal. This Mod is well worth the 5 min of your time to do!!
You did which one? The clip or the one with the little pot inside?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser