Page 1 of 3
its cheap, and looks better than spiders. How is this amp?
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
def good for the price, much much better than the spiders
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
Quote by Tedward
do you even own a guitar?

yes, I have an ltd ec-400at and plan on getting an ec1000 and ec401fr.

Why do you ask?

Edit: How about the vyper tube 120watt combo??
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Last edited by CKYIbanezParker at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by CKYIbanezParker

Why do you ask?

He probably asks since you ask questions on gear more than it seems like you play.
Quote by darkcheef
He probably asks since you ask questions on gear more than it seems like you play.

cause im upgrading and don't know what to get..
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Quote by CKYIbanezParker
cause im upgrading and don't know what to get..

Then go to a store and stop asking at least 3 pointless threads on gear a day.
I seriously am beginning to hate the users on this site. TS wants a little advice, why should he not make use of a huge guitar website. The threads aren't pointless to him, and if you don't like them, don't post. Humans are ****ing horrible aren't they?

In response to your question, I prefer the Peavey over the Spider amps. Some of the functions on the Spider II are cool though, and if you sit with it for long enough, you'll find something you like.

- Adam
Quote by Dante53
I seriously am beginning to hate the users on this site. TS wants a little advice, why should he not make use of a huge guitar website. The threads aren't pointless to him, and if you don't like them, don't post. Humans are ****ing horrible aren't they?

In response to your question, I prefer the Peavey over the Spider amps. Some of the functions on the Spider II are cool though, and if you sit with it for long enough, you'll find something you like.

- Adam

theres a normal person on the internet?!?!

But seriously, thanks for being serious..
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Quote by Dante53

- Adam

You haven't seen some of his threads huh?
Quote by CKYIbanezParker

Why do you ask?

Edit: How about the vyper tube 120watt combo??

EC1000 = $699/EC1000 Deluxe FR = $1100 (Whichever you plan to get)

EC401FR = $650

Add those up and you get *drum rolls*

$1349/$1750

So buying 2 guitars you most likely will never play/need at the moment, you could end up buying:

Any Mesa amplifier
Marshall clone
Just about any peavey amp
etc
Quote by FallsDownStairs
EC1000 = $699/EC1000 Deluxe FR = $1100 (Whichever you plan to get)

EC401FR = $650

Add those up and you get *drum rolls*

$1349/$1750

So buying 2 guitars you most likely will never play/need at the moment, you could end up buying:

Any Mesa amplifier
Marshall clone
Just about any peavey amp
etc

ec1000 for rhythem(no trem) and ec401fr for lead and solos..
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Quote by CKYIbanezParker

Because you'll essentially just be able to pick up either in time to switch between those. *sarcasm*
Quote by CKYIbanezParker

Do you still think that having a tremolo makes for a better guitar for solos?
Wow, this is entertaining.

Yes, I like my Vypyr 75. No, I havent turned the volume past 2 because its disturbing-the-peace loud.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Quote by FallsDownStairs
Because you'll essentially just be able to pick up either in time to switch between those. *sarcasm*

EX:Songs without solo = ec1000 Songs with solo:ec401fr.

Not that a trem will make my solos better, just my preference.

You all act like your a parent or some ****, if I want to buy something I will.

Are you all my ****in finance managers?
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Quote by CKYIbanezParker
EX:Songs without solo = ec1000 Songs with solo:ec401fr.

Not that a trem will make my solos better, just my preference.

You all act like your a parent or some ****, if I want to buy something I will.

Are you all my ****in finance managers?

It honestly sounds like you need one, especially of how "poor" your uncle is and of how you eat out every night at a expensive steak place, while your uncle is going to give you a $4,000 tax return
Quote by Mitochondria9
Wow, this is entertaining.

Yes, I like my Vypyr 75. No, I havent turned the volume past 2 because its disturbing-the-peace loud.

Agreed, I got the vypyr and when you get to around 3 in a regular room it sounds deafening (To me atleast )
Quote by darkcheef
It honestly sounds like you need one, especially of how "poor" your uncle is and of how you eat out every night at a expensive steak place, while your uncle is going to give you a $4,000 tax return

you exgerate everything I say.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Quote by CKYIbanezParker
you exgerate everything I say.

No, you said it in prior threads. You said that your family does not make alot and you eat at a expensive steak place every day that you said cost you $1,800.
If you're going to take out a $20,000 loan from guitar center anyways, why not get a real ESP? You'll end up paying loan shark interest rates anyways, so what's another $500?
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by darkcheef
No, you said it in prior threads. You said that your family does not make alot and you eat at a expensive steak place every day that you said cost you $1,800.

not put that way. I ment when I get taxes refunds(you know that part)and can afford it. Not this year, I am getting gear this year.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Quote by CKYIbanezParker
not put that way. I ment when I get taxes refunds(you know that part)and can afford it. Not this year, I am getting gear this year.

Actually, thats exactly what you said, he didnt put any spin on it.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Quote by Mitochondria9
Actually, thats exactly what you said, he didnt put any spin on it.

Really?
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Quote by CKYIbanezParker
I don't work, but my uncle wants me to get the guitars and recording equipment cause I want to make a carrer out of it(Which it is hard to find band members worth a ****) I know mcdonalds wages because minimum wage is 6.50$ hour. My uncle gets houseing free and food nearly free(his boss gets him 50% off and he owns our apartment) but I don't know how much hes paid. So besides food and other needs we would have enough money and my uncle already said he wouldn't have a problem paying for the stuff as a investment in my future, and I always have been spoiled(not in the little brat or bragging way).

You don't work, your uncle supports you. Get a job, stop living off your uncle who I'm sure needs the money more than your supposed music career. You don't know how much he's paid, so you don't even know if he needs the money or not. You are spoiled, there is no other way to say it. If your uncle or family member gives you $4,000 to spend on your own time, that makes you spoiled. You are a brat and you brag a lot.

Quote by CKYIbanezParker
I know, but how is that answering my question?

I didn't ask about tax returns, I asked if I should wait.

Forum members are such judgemental people that it's annoying...

Even so, I think I stated that my uncle gives me the money he gets back at tax returns($4000) a long time ago.

Use that money on more logical things for your supposed music career? You said that your uncle gives it to you as an investment for music, not for videogames or eating at fancy steak restaurants. You're wasting his money.

Quote by CKYIbanezParker
Video games =1000
Fender strat(sold it)-400
School clothes= 800
eating at fancy steak restruants every night= 1800

Oh, and I sold the games for 200 for effects pedals..

You spent $1,000 on video games, sold them for $200. The guy(s) you sold it to got a huge deal then. Did you waste that money on bad effects pedals? You made a thread about needing a pedal to help your soloing.

Quote by CKYIbanezParker
better soloing instead of just vibrato..

That's in reference to you talking about a tremolo arm.

Quote by CKYIbanezParker
We only get that much tax money because we don't make much.

I am rich for a week.

Meaning you and your uncle are poor.

Seriously, you make a thread about a pedal to boost your volume/gain for soloing. I mention about amplifiers not being able to handle some pedals, as a distortion pedal, which was what you were originally after depends upon your amp. You then make a new thread asking about Peavey Vypers.

All of these quotes are from posts you have made while on these forums. Took me a total of 10 minutes to find them all, as most of them are from one topic.
Last edited by FallsDownStairs at Oct 6, 2009,
I've got a peavey vypyr 15 and while I think it's one of the greatest practice amps, it already **** out on me.

I've had it for a couple of months and probably turned it on only 30 times or so for quiet jamming. Now it basically decides when it wants to shutoff and turn back on.

So my advice .. just get a warranty .. I got a 2 year warranty on this bitch so I'm getting a new one. Hey, the first one crapped out, I returned it to GC. The second one is messing up, so I gotta send that in to get serviced or to get a replacement. I wonder if I can just talk them into upgrading me to the 30 for all the trouble I've gone through....

But all in all. Not bad amps for the price at all. Great for metal.
Quote by MetalHead916
I've got a peavey vypyr 15 and while I think it's one of the greatest practice amps, it already **** out on me.

I've had it for a couple of months and probably turned it on only 30 times or so for quiet jamming. Now it basically decides when it wants to shutoff and turn back on.

So my advice .. just get a warranty .. I got a 2 year warranty on this bitch so I'm getting a new one. Hey, the first one crapped out, I returned it to GC. The second one is messing up, so I gotta send that in to get serviced or to get a replacement. I wonder if I can just talk them into upgrading me to the 30 for all the trouble I've gone through....

But all in all. Not bad amps for the price at all. Great for metal.

Did you upgrade the software? I heard it stops that, but I have a vypyr 30, never upgraded the software and it has never crapped out on me.
what type of case do I need to buy for this?
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Quote by BurningStarlV
I suggest learning to play teh gitarz better before you buy a truck load of gear.

thanks for the suggestion..

Edit: Well, I have finnished my list. I know what gear I will be getting. Thanks everyone.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Last edited by CKYIbanezParker at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by darkcheef
Did you upgrade the software? I heard it stops that, but I have a vypyr 30, never upgraded the software and it has never crapped out on me.

Does the 15 support software upgrades like that? I thought it was the 30 and up.?Anywho, I'm gonna go try that and see.

Thanks big time for the heads up darkcheef. Much appreciated
Quote by CKYIbanezParker
thanks for the suggestion..

Edit: Well, I have finnished my list. I know what gear I will be getting. Thanks everyone.

Don't know why you need another list. You have a whole topic with a bunch of different lists you've made. Why don't you refer back to that?
Quote by MetalHead916
Does the 15 support software upgrades like that? I thought it was the 30 and up.?Anywho, I'm gonna go try that and see.

Thanks big time for the heads up darkcheef. Much appreciated

At my guitar shop where I bought my amp, you were able to let the shop upgrade it, but idk if yours does but you might want to check.
Quote by FallsDownStairs
Don't know why you need another list. You have a whole topic with a bunch of different lists you've made. Why don't you refer back to that?

oh, I can't afford all that. My budget changed to 4000.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

FallsDownStairs Post #27 - I tried to quote it, but it was too big and my browser froze up.

I was just gonna add to this since everything you said is so true. To TS, there is no reason to make multiple threads. The last thing you wanna do is piss off the knowledgeable dudes that are here to help you. It's a lot easier to put all your info into one thread and ask as many questions as you like. That way you only have to refer back to one thread which makes all of our lives easier

I know you may not think so, but saying that you spend $1800 at steakhouses is braggin and making you look like a rich spoiled douche. You may not be, but you are coming off that way. Some of us (like me) have been working for years and years and still can't afford to treat ourselves to a steakhouse (or we find more better ways to spend our money .. money management my friend)

We're all here to help, but you can't spam the boards and then not listen to what we have to say. After a few threads people start taking you as a joke and that's what it seems like is happening here.

And a $1000 on Video Games. You're young. You're part of the next generation. You should know something about Mods, Isos, and dual layer burning! Or you're old and I didn't catch that?

Anyways I can't stress enough how we are here to help, but you can't push it like you're doing.

And thanks darkcheef. Ima check that out asap and see how it goes.
Quote by MetalHead916
FallsDownStairs Post #27 - I tried to quote it, but it was too big and my browser froze up.

I was just gonna add to this since everything you said is so true.
To TS, there is no reason to make multiple threads. The last thing you wanna do is piss off the knowledgeable dudes that are here to help you. It's a lot easier to put all your info into one thread and ask as many questions as you like. That way you only have to refer back to one thread which makes all of our lives easier

I know you may not think so, but saying that you spend $1800 at steakhouses is braggin and making you look like a rich spoiled douche. You may not be, but you are coming off that way. Some of us (like me) have been working for years and years and still can't afford to treat ourselves to a steakhouse (or we find more better ways to spend our money .. money management my friend)

We're all here to help, but you can't spam the boards and then not listen to what we have to say. After a few threads people start taking you as a joke and that's what it seems like is happening here.

And a $1000 on Video Games. You're young. You're part of the next generation. You should know something about Mods, Isos, and dual layer burning! Or you're old and I didn't catch that?

Anyways I can't stress enough how we are here to help, but you can't push it like you're doing.

MetalHead916, the part I bolded made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I'm happy to speak the truth.

It's also good to know that my post was so long that it overloaded your browser, lol.
Quote by FallsDownStairs
MetalHead916, the part I bolded made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I'm happy to speak the truth.

It's also good to know that my post was so long that it overloaded your browser, lol.

yea no kidding. It usually only happens at my work. They only let us run IE so I blame microsoft.

Firefox at home never has this problem
Quote by MetalHead916

I was just gonna add to this since everything you said is so true. To TS, there is no reason to make multiple threads. The last thing you wanna do is piss off the knowledgeable dudes that are here to help you. It's a lot easier to put all your info into one thread and ask as many questions as you like. That way you only have to refer back to one thread which makes all of our lives easier

Wow, thats really nice and insightfull. I'm sorry if I came off as a douchebag..

I didn't want to mod my 360 because i was afraid i'd mess it up..
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Page 1 of 3