Yeah I called it football for all you non NA people.

Anyways how bad is the football violence where you are from?

I'm sure we've all seen The Football Factory, Green Street Hooligans etc...

I also watched The Real Football Factories... and the thing I saw on that are insane. There is nothing that even comes close to that here. I've seen maybe a fight or two after a hockey game, but it's never organized and never more than a few people.

How bad is it really? Are any of you effected by football violence?

Where do I sign up...
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by SpartanTHC
Yeah because fighting is clever....

What's wrong with fighting?
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
I think it was really bad at the West Ham, Millwall game. Apparently it's worse between certain rival teams. They're trying to avoid it by having some types of games early on so people can't drink as much. I don't really know much about it though.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
It's just meatheads fighting meatheads. Those films just glam it up far beyond how it actually is.
Seriously though, that West Ham V Millwall game last month was completely over-the-top.

I also heard there was a spot of trouble after the Villa V Blues game last month, but I was on holiday (Greece ftw!) so I didn't really hear about it.
Last edited by Moggan13 at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by Moggan13
It's just meatheads fighting meatheads. Those films just glam it up far beyond how it actually is.
Seriously though, that West Ham V Millwall game last month was completely over-the-top.

Which game was it with the Adebayor incident?
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I would like to say it's not bad but about a year or two ago Leicester played against coventry (who are one of our many rivals...infact everyone near eachother are rivals) and loads of knives were conviscated, not as bad as the polish football fans i saw on ross kemp on gangs.
Quote by dustyboy316

Well, it's useless, basically. Especially for something like football. 'OI! Our team is better than yours! *kicks in face*' Seriously it doesn't make any sense.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Quote by dustyboy316

Anyone who loves real life violence on the streets has obviously never been involved in any real random violence
Quote by Cal UK
Which game was it with the Adebayor incident?

I think that was Man City V Arsenal, a few days after Villa/Blues Derby.

It was because Adebayor, a former Arsenal player, celebrated infront of the Arsenal crowd, a thing that is forbidden in football. He got bottled and people tried to invade the pitch.
Also he did a very dirty tackle on an Arsenal player (stomping on his hand)
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
I would like to say it's not bad but about a year or two ago Leicester played against coventry (who are one of our many rivals...infact everyone near eachother are rivals) and loads of knives were conviscated, not as bad as the polish football fans i saw on ross kemp on gangs.

Yah on the Real Football Factories, the polish were known for using knives. The one firm actually threw a knife at the opponent goalie and cut his head open.

Some places look really bad (Brazil, Croatia, Poland) while some seem like there aren't too many weapons like England, Russia, Ireland...

And can you expect anything else from Millwall? Every hooligan movie is made about them haha.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
Anyone who loves real life violence on the streets has obviously never been involved in any real random violence

Oh I know I haven't been anywhere close to this. I wouldn't actually want to join, I'm just really curious about this whole scene.

There's nothing close to this hardcore in Canada...
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Fitghing over football is just stupid.
It's a great sport to watch and I don't get why someopne has to smash a bottle over a Man Utd fan whenever Rooney scores and they win a match
It's not a big problem anymore. It gets a bit heated with Huddersfield and Leeds near me sometimes but thats it really.
Quote by dustyboy316
There's nothing close to this hardcore in Canada...

It's Canada. What else do you expect?
Quote by Duffman123
Fitghing over football is just stupid.
It's a great sport to watch and I don't get why someopne has to smash a bottle over a Man Utd fan whenever Rooney scores and they win a match

This, it's stupid and pointless, and it ruins football.

Though Green Street 2 was hilariously awful.
Quote by bulldozerbob
This, it's stupid and pointless, and it ruins football.

Though Green Street 2 was hilariously awful.

Yeah, but it's not like Green Street didn't blow either.
Why does this not happen at Rugby games? I'm assuming that anyways.

I went to a few rugby games in England and Wales.(internationals... Wales vs. Italy, England vs. Ireland for the Tri Nations and England vs. Ireland u-19's).

The only game that could have violence would have been the tri nations game. After Ireland won a ton of fans ran onto the field... and the Irish were running around the stadium drunk as **** and I didn't even see an argument.

I don't get how there is so much violence for one of the least violent sports...
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Quote by Moggan13
It's Canada. What else do you expect?

We have some crazy people here. Our Toronto team has insane fans (all from Europe) but we still don't get this... probably because players can't travel with teams...

But I don't get why there isn't any of this in hockey or anything...
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Quote by dustyboy316

I went to a few rugby games in England and Wales.(internationals... Wales vs. Italy, England vs. Ireland for the Tri Nations and England vs. Ireland u-19's).

The only game that could have violence would have been the tri nations game. After Ireland won a ton of fans ran onto the field... and the Irish were running around the stadium drunk as **** and I didn't even see an argument.

I don't get how there is so much violence for one of the least violent sports...

Because most Rugby fans are actually cool.
With a bit of research the Toronto FC kind of have a firm called the East End Boys. Dunno if it's a real firm though.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
Because most Rugby fans are actually cool.

Rugby is a gentlemans game. Always has been.
Football has always been a bit loutish.
Quote by Moggan13
Rugby is a gentlemans game. Always has been.
Football has always been a bit loutish.

I don't get why the sportsmanship is there for rugby though.

Rugby is definetely more of a social game. People really only play to get drunk after hahah.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Green Street is alright, but I know they wouldn't let an American in.

And why are the fans particularily bad at MillWall? I've never even heard of the place until I watched these movies...
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Quote by dustyboy316
I don't get why the sportsmanship is there for rugby though.

Rugby is definetely more of a social game. People really only play to get drunk after hahah.

Rugby (in this country) was always played by butch, posh upper-class boarding school boys, especially at the start of the last century. May not seem it, but Rugby was damn posh, dammit.

I don't know, I just think everyone has a mutual respect for rugby and different teams.
Quote by dustyboy316
Green Street is alright, but I know they wouldn't let an American in.

And why are the fans particularily bad at MillWall? I've never even heard of the place until I watched these movies...

Iunno, east london is full of twats...actually that's a tad unfair, but you know what i mean.
Football Violence: Pwopa Nawty stuff, full'a pwopa nawtttty fwidge fwezers, take a few pwopa blows to ya boat wace and you'll be set son, pwopa nawwwwtttyyyy.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by cliff_em_all
Football Violence: Pwopa Nawty stuff, full'a pwopa nawtttty fwidge fwezers, take a few pwopa blows to ya boat wace and you'll be set son, pwopa nawwwwtttyyyy.

hahah you just narrated the whole series. Although you missed: He was a pwoppa geysa...
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Quote by dustyboy316
hahah you just narrated the whole series. Although you missed: He was a pwoppa geysa...

Fridge Freezer = Geezer, So i was close enough!

God bless the people my Country produces...
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by cliff_em_all
Fridge Freezer = Geezer, So i was close enough!

God bless the people my Country produces...

I think the way he talks is awesome. I just wish he didn't use naughty to describe everything. It starts losing meaning...

But he says it the same way I would say that's sick... so I accept it.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Leeds had its fair share, especially against Millwall and Cardiff.

Its worse in some countries, in 2000 two Leeds fans were killed in Turkey at an away game, petty hooligism isn't a problem when in other places people are getting stabbed
Quote by dustyboy316

Football is on ITV. X factor is on ITV

Rugby is on bbc 2. Q.I. is on bbc 2.

You see from this highly scientific evidence that football fans are idiots.
Quote by Bestykid
Leeds had its fair share, especially against Millwall and Cardiff.

Its worse in some countries, in 2000 two Leeds fans were killed in Turkey at an away game, petty hooligism isn't a problem when in other places people are getting stabbed

That's what I mean... In England I think it could possibly be fun... definetely a huge adrenaline rush anyways.

Some countries they try and kill you.

England it's more of a sport inside a sport...

Quote by Greenie_777
Football is on ITV. X factor is on ITV

Rugby is on bbc 2. Q.I. is on bbc 2.

You see from this highly scientific evidence that football fans are idiots.

I see what you are trying to get at, but I've never heard of either shows.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

I don't have to worry about this anytime soon, but i'm american and if i ever get the chance to go to a game would i have to worry about getting jumped or anything? I'm planning on joining the army and hopefully i'll be stationed in europe, and catching a football/soccer game over there is something i want to do if i get the chance to go over there.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
Quote by magnus_maximus
I've been to well over 30 games in the last 18 months and can honestly say it's never been an issue for me, I can't speak for English football, though. It's an issue which is exaggerated by people who don't like football and who like to make it out to be a loutish sport. Green Street and its ilk are idiotic films.

Interestingly, here's some footage of some of that "badass" football violence TS craves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNA4GkVVHCQ&feature=related

haha easy man. I'm just intruiged by it because nothing like that ever happens here. Nothing even close.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp