Hi all, please I need some help.

My Haze 40 combo just arrived, and I got it off the box (live in Mexico, was internationally shipped) plugged in, standby, tube warm, on, played and started cranking it... when in 7 in the clean channel (well, i noticed it on clean, but it also does on distor) the sound breaks. Not break as in it starts getting distorted. It breaks like AWFUL sound it gives a sudden burst of really loud volume and then comes back, any thoughts? is this an instrument cable problem, a speaker cable problem, tubes problem, guitar pickup problem?? any ideas, im really losing it... :s
Fender Telecaster Highway One
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall Haze 40C

Quote by Bushonmyhead
Well I just threw my cat out of the window, and have concluded that gravity definitely exists.
bad pot?

If you are somewhat handy with electronics.....get a new potentiometer and install it....theyre usually around ten bucks
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST...-Zappa
Last edited by ESPeciallyfx at Oct 6, 2009,
What potentiometer do you mean?
Fender Telecaster Highway One
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall Haze 40C

Quote by Bushonmyhead
Well I just threw my cat out of the window, and have concluded that gravity definitely exists.
the volume pot
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
I'd give customer support a call.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
I would clean the pot first, get some spray at a electronics store. If it is something else, the stuff is always good to have around.