Yeah this is an "Essential" (rack is never essential)

However, im after getting one still (Yes, im not gigging right now so i probably don't need one, but shush).

Okay i've got a decent 15 band e.q i might be ordering and im pretty much set on a Lexicon reverb/delay rack.

However, what are other things that you would reccomend at a decent price (like under £350) for some rack action?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
A power conditioner of some sort is essential if you're gigging at all, because you can never trust an unknown power supply.
I like a rack reverb also, because it's convenient. A rack tuner would be nice, too.

Edit: Specifically, if you're looking for Lexicon bargains, the MX200 rack effect system is pretty incredible for under $200 US. I use it just for the reverb alone.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Oct 6, 2009,
Okay then, i belive furman make good quality conditoners?

and i prefer floor based tuners really, although the do look pretty sweet on the rack and well flashy

Anything else UG?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

Mesa preamp + Pa power amp

Loudest gig
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by Mark G
Preamp + poweramp.

I'll have an amp ready to do for it all, so i don't really need one.
Quote by ZanasCross

I have heard that rackmount compressors are superior to stomp boxes.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
BBE Sonic Maximizer, or MaxCom? Not essential, but I know more then a few people who swear by them.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Power Conditioner.
Wireless system (if you play large gigs where you run/walk around alot)
MFX System
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by theacousticpunk
BBE Sonic Maximizer, or MaxCom? Not essential, but I know more then a few people who swear by them.

For every lover there is a hater for that unit.
WTLTL 2011
A Rack. Seriously.

Can be quite expensive too, for a good one.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Power conditioner

Korg tuner

G major

(optional) audio interface for recording your sound at shows. I find that listening to my playing live and in the studio is totally different, so i study and try to compensate.
Quote by cliff_em_all
Okay then, i belive furman make good quality conditoners?

and i prefer floor based tuners really, although the do look pretty sweet on the rack and well flashy

Anything else UG?

Yeah, you only need the basic $59 Furman unit. No worries, then. Has like 7 or 8 AC outlets on it.

I wish my wireless would mount in a rack.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
A G major and a solid MIDI controller go a looong way.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
A G major and a solid MIDI controller go a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong way.

Fixed

and speaking of midi controllers..... the Roland FC-300 is quite good.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Honestly, you really only NEED a power conditioner. Most people I know that use racks keep a tuner on the floor (although rack tuners are nice, they aren't necessary).

Outside of that, everything else is up to the discretion of the user.

Rack compressors aren't necessarily better than stomp boxes, they just affect the sound differently. Its hard to put into words exactly what happens; you'll just have to try it for yourself. Neither is better or worse; its all subjective.
Even though you already have an amp, a rack pre-amp means you can have almost an entirely new amp.
Quote by Mark G
For every lover there is a hater for that unit.

+1
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by maddnotez
So what is a good rack pre amp? and why?

Well, if you like what your getting from your amp, it maybe useless to get another one. The reason you should do that is if you want more than your amps 2 channels. I can't really help you for choosing one though.

Also, +1 for a good MFX + Midi controller